Poison and Running Out of Cards

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

So my wife and I were playing "Flies & Spiders" from On the Doorstop tonight. Her deck had some pretty decent card draw mechanics plus the Poison cards made her go through it extra fast. About halfway through the game she had run through her entire deck. What happens then in regards to taking Poison. Were her characters then immune to further Poison attachments as she had no more cards to put under them? 

#2 Kirok

Kirok

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think when your deck runs out of cards you are D E A D, dead my friend.

#3 hildargo

hildargo

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

It's interesting that they didn't address in the FAQ, but other areas of On the Doorstep were addressed. Firstly, if you get decked, you don't die. In fact, I believe that the rules state the opposite. Secondly, I don't believe that you would put any poison counters on a player, but I am not entirely sure. I played a multiplayer game today, and one of the players ran out of cards for poison counters, so that was the consensus we all came to.

#4 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Just got an official response, even though we already came to this conclusion:

If you run out of cards in your deck when the Venom keyword triggers, then there are no cards to attach as Poison and nothing happens.
Cheers,
Caleb

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#5 Bray

Bray

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Kirok said:

I think when your deck runs out of cards you are D E A D, dead my friend.

In case any new players are reading this thread, note that this is not correct at all.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS