Stalemate?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Played a City + Dungeon game last night. (No other expansions)

We saw allot of interesting card interactions, particularly some powerful ones. I hate to call “broken!” just because something seems powerful or over powered… If you are not getting lucky and loosing, your more apt to do that…

Needless to say, the city presents some very powerful opportunities and allows characters to get pretty powerful. I played the Cat Burglar. My intent was to stroll through the city a few times and then make my way to the dungeon…but I ended up in the city almost the whole game. I picked up Luna, and when a city card (whirlwind?) forced a player to loose Lucky, I was able to pick her up too. A ridiculous combo and I heard about it from the players all night, lol. I have to say, its pretty fun when its you!

At the end, I made it to the crown first and was crushing people on the crown – essentially able to always score a hit with the crown. But, the Spy… had acquired and interesting combo too… the trinket that gives you a gold at the start of your turn, and the Medic. So he was able to soak all the damage and make it to the crown to face me. He had a flail; I had a great sword, full plate and a warhorse. If it wasn’t for my spell book, I may have lost. In fact, it ended up that I had him in battle by like 2 points, and after a few minutes of back in forth I was able to defeat him.

Still, in the right situation, the medic/trinket(gold) combo fighting against someone with the exact same battle score could result in a stalemate. Anyone ever see anything like that?

Any other unusual card combos you have come across?

#2 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Yep thats a sicko combo. Even worse if the tinkier gets it. At least you can effect the normal follower :).

#3 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just take the trinket from him when you win and drop it. Problem solved ;)

#4 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Not on the Crown!

#5 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Bolithio said:

Not on the Crown!

Why not? You win the combat, take the Trinket and ditch. Since two characters at the CoC can only encounter each other, until one of you is dead, neither can pick up any Objects ditched in the CoC space. If you're ahead in battle against a psychic combatter with Armour, first thing you do is take the Armour and ditch it.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#6 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Well, as I understand it, you can only take a life when winning combat on the crown.

#7 Bolithio

Bolithio

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

And looking back at the rules that isnt a rule, its just the way I was tought the game. So since you can remove items, the stalemate becomes less likley. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS