Trashing cards with Noise question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

My apologies if this has been asked an answered already, but I can't get the "search" function to work quite right on these forums.

When Noise trashes a card from the top of the Corp's R&D with his ability, does the card go to Archives face-up or face down? The way I read the definition for Trash it seems as though when a card is trashed by the Runner, it goes face up in Archives. When a card is trashed by the Corp (that the Runner hasn't seen) it goes face down in Archives.

Can someone settle this debate?

Thanks,

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Darik said:

My apologies if this has been asked an answered already, but I can't get the "search" function to work quite right on these forums.

When Noise trashes a card from the top of the Corp's R&D with his ability, does the card go to Archives face-up or face down? The way I read the definition for Trash it seems as though when a card is trashed by the Runner, it goes face up in Archives. When a card is trashed by the Corp (that the Runner hasn't seen) it goes face down in Archives.

Can someone settle this debate?

When cards go to Archives, they maintain their state. Thus, a Rezzed ICE, Asset, or Upgrade would go face up. A played Operation would go face up. All other cards go face down. Even if the Runner has seen it (such as an Operation that they saw on an earlier R&D run or ICE they revelead through Infiltration), the card goes into Archives face down.

#3 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

What if I access a card from R&D and pay the trash cost to trash it. Does it go face up or face down in archives? Similarly, what if I access a card from HQ and pay the trash cost - does it go face up or face down? 

How about Operations or ICE trashed via a demolition run?

Thanks,

#4 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Cards trashed while being accessed go into Archives face-up.

#5 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Essentially, if the runner is able to see what the card is at the moment it's being trashed, it will go into Archives face-up.

#6 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Ah, yes, thank you for the added complication.

#7 svetlana

svetlana

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

So if I get this right … Noise trashing a card with his ability (ie: playing a virus) doesn't get to see which card is sent to archives.

question: does the corp-player gets to see it?  (at that instant, or after?) … 

#8 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Noise doesn't get to see it.

The Corp can look at the face-down cards in Archives at any time.

#9 svetlana

svetlana

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Thx for the swift answer :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS