Various Questions on both Runner and Corp cards/rules

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Thanos Voidseeker

Thanos Voidseeker

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

So I bought the core set a couple of days ago, and I am already loving this game. In the beginning I thought it would be fairly complicated, but it was easier than I expected. Still, some questions do arise from time to time, concerning either cards or general rules. So here I go.

CORP.

1. Is there a way to remove Bad Publicity? ( aside for any specific cards that may allow you to do so)

2. Rezzing a card can be done anytime? On either the corp player's turn, or the Runner's turn? Of course, ICE are rezzed on the Runner's turn, but what about Upgrades and Assets?

3. Can I rez an Asset or Upgrade immediately after I install it?

4. An Agenda can be forfeit only after it has been scored? Or can I forfeit it while it is on a remote server but not yet scored? Or even from my hand (if it is not considered trashing)?

RUNNER.

1. Can I make a run without having any programs installed? If there is ICE on the server it would not do me any good, but on an unprotected server?

2. Anarch - Djinn - If Djinn is destroyed, what happen to the programs installed on it? Do they get trashed or do I add them to my programs, trashing if I exceed my MUs?

3. Anarch - Parasite - If the ICE Parasite is installed on gets trashed (either because of Parasite or for any other reason), does Parasite get trashed too? Or can it be transferred on a new ICE? (I do believe that would be broken, but I just thought I should ask!)

Thank you in advance.

#2 papy72

papy72

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Thanos Voidseeker said:

So I bought the core set a couple of days ago, and I am already loving this game. In the beginning I thought it would be fairly complicated, but it was easier than I expected. Still, some questions do arise from time to time, concerning either cards or general rules. So here I go.

CORP.

1. Is there a way to remove Bad Publicity? ( aside for any specific cards that may allow you to do so)

2. Rezzing a card can be done anytime? On either the corp player's turn, or the Runner's turn? Of course, ICE are rezzed on the Runner's turn, but what about Upgrades and Assets?

4. An Agenda can be forfeit only after it has been scored? Or can I forfeit it while it is on a remote server but not yet scored? Or even from my hand (if it is not considered trashing)?

RUNNER.

1. Can I make a run without having any programs installed? If there is ICE on the server it would not do me any good, but on an unprotected server?

2. Anarch - Djinn - If Djinn is destroyed, what happen to the programs installed on it? Do they get trashed or do I add them to my programs, trashing if I exceed my MUs?

3. Anarch - Parasite - If the ICE Parasite is installed on gets trashed (either because of Parasite or for any other reason), does Parasite get trashed too? Or can it be transferred on a new ICE? (I do believe that would be broken, but I just thought I should ask!)

Thank you in advance.

Corp:

1. Not that I know of.

2. I don't know the precise answer.  Rezzing is (I believe) a paid action. Consult the FAQ's updated timing diagram for when paid actions can occur.  In general I know there are times when you can rez a card on the runners turn.

3. Yes.

4. Only if scored, yes.

Runner:

1. Yes.  The runner may not be able to rez the ICE, or the ice may not end the run, so you can run on protected servers.  Just watch out for the nastier ICE.

2. They are trashed along with Djinn

3. I believe Parasite would be trashed along with the ICE.

Hope that helps!

#3 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Thanos Voidseeker said:

CORP.

RUNNER.

Thank you in advance.

Thanos Voidseeker said:

CORP.

RUNNER.

Thank you in advance.

corp:

1. Not at the moment. Not even sure there are specific cards that do this at the moment.

2. and 3.  Except for ice (which can only be rezzed as the runner is approaching it during a run), yes. You may rez an asset at any time by paying its cost in the upper left hand corner… Including immediately after install.

4. The first part is true. An agenda must be scored before it can be forfeited.

runner:

1. Absolutely. Unless your opponent has played a card or you have no actions left, you can make a run at any established server at any time… Programs or no. As to the second part of this question, just because there's ice on a server doesn't mean you shouldn't run there. It might be a chump ice, or the corp can't rez it, or doesn't end the run, etc. use your best judgement of your opponent's play style here.

2. All trashed. They're hosted. You lose the host, you lose the programs. Same as deleting a full folder on your comp.

3. Trashed. If they, at some point, introduce interrupt cards that aren't dependent of being played independently of actions or whose turn it is, then there's no way to save parasite or move it at that moment… And I don't see them including that mechanic any time soon, if at all.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#4 Thanos Voidseeker

Thanos Voidseeker

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Thank you both! You have been most helpful! I do have one more question though, that came to me just now that I'm browsing trough my cards. Some cards give you Recurring Credits, for use on Icebreakers only. Use means both installing AND paying for Icebreakers abilities?

Thanks again!!!

#5 papy72

papy72

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Thanos Voidseeker said:

Thank you both! You have been most helpful! I do have one more question though, that came to me just now that I'm browsing trough my cards. Some cards give you Recurring Credits, for use on Icebreakers only. Use means both installing AND paying for Icebreakers abilities?

Thanks again!!!

The ones I can think of (Cyberfeeder / The Toolbox) specify "when using icebreakers", so in those cases you cannot use the credits to install.

#6 Thanos Voidseeker

Thanos Voidseeker

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Thanks. More or less the question was whether installing is considered "using". Makes sense actually.

#7 papy72

papy72

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

In looking back at the cards I referenced I noticed that Cyberfeeder can also be used to install Virus programs.  I've only used them to fuel icebreakers so far.

#8 Thanos Voidseeker

Thanos Voidseeker

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Indeed, I had forgotten about that part. So Cyberfeeder gives the answer to my question I think. The recurring credits are used to Install viruses or use breakers. So there is a clear distinction, using is not installing. Thanks!

#9 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

2. You can only rezz assets at specific times. From the updated timing structure in the faq, They are as follows Corp turn in steps; 1.1The Draw phase Before at-begining-of-turn effects. 2.1(Action Phase) Before your first action 2.2 (Action Phase) After each action taken. 3.2 (Discard Phase) After discarding down to hand limit. Runner's Turn in steps; 1.1 (Runner's Action Phase) Before at-begining-of-turn effects. 1.3 (Runner's Action Phase) After each action taken. 2.2 (Runner's Discard Phase) After discarding down to hand limit. During A Run: 2.3 the same window when the Corp can rezz approached ice, after the runner has decided to continue the run and not Jack out if it is the second ice on the server. 4.3 after the runner chooses to continue the run after passing the last piece of ice but before moving to step 4.4 (declaring a successful run)

#10 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Sorry for the lousy formatting, posting from my phone

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS