Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

http://www.cardgamed...rd-reviews-r489

67% - 267 out of 400
74% - Runner 148 out of 200
60% - Corp 120 out of 200

Our staff has put together a first blush analysis of the newly released data pack Cyber Exodus. We’ve used a one through five scale; five being the best. The cards are listed in numeric order. Our reviewers are listed in alphabetical order. Let us know in the comments what you think of the cards in this pack.

Runners are going strong, taking all 3 top spots this month and getting an overall much better rating than the Corp this month.

Top 3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) 19 out of 20
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) 18 out of 20
Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus) 18 out of 20

Bottom 3
Muresh Bodysuit (Cyber Exodus) 5 out of 20
Sunset (Cyber Exodus) 8 out of 20
Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus) 9 out of 20

#2 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Makes me wonder if Sunset is at least useful for Jinteki decks.

Reminds me of when I still played Shipment from Mirrormorph in my HB deck- by the time you drew it, you likely didn't have a full hand and/or enough cards to use with it.

#3 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

I don't think Marked Accounts is that bad. However I LOVE Emergency Shutdown

#4 Defenstrator

Defenstrator

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

I got a bit annoyed at Edge of the Wrold. I think it can be useful, but not in Jinteki decks. Between it and Snare who is going to run on a Jinteki card with no advances? If  it's PAD Campaign or Melange Mining then you can afford it being out one turn before going in. Jinteki Agendas all cost a minimum of 4 so they can't three click and done, meaning if it is an agenda you'll still get a shot at it.

At least Snare still hurts them if exposed from HQ or R&D. Edge of the World demands that people run on something they know is quite likely a trap, but without the threat that Junebg has that it might be an Agenda.

#5 sharoth

sharoth

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Defenstrator said:

I got a bit annoyed at Edge of the Wrold. I think it can be useful, but not in Jinteki decks. Between it and Snare who is going to run on a Jinteki card with no advances? If  it's PAD Campaign or Melange Mining then you can afford it being out one turn before going in. Jinteki Agendas all cost a minimum of 4 so they can't three click and done, meaning if it is an agenda you'll still get a shot at it.

At least Snare still hurts them if exposed from HQ or R&D. Edge of the World demands that people run on something they know is quite likely a trap, but without the threat that Junebg has that it might be an Agenda.

Jinteki has one 3 point agenda and there is also trick of light or shipment from kaguya so the face down no advancement card could still be a agenda. I think it is useful for jinteki. If only for the threat of taking brain damage. With this card you usually get melange at least one time of.

#6 Evazorek

Evazorek

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Nice review and I agree with your top 3.

#7 Brigaldio

Brigaldio

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

NuFenix is never allowed to use the word "whilst" again.  Seriously.  Ten times in one article is a bit much.  Sometimes twice in the same paragraph.  Find a new word.

My top 3 would have been:

1. Edge of the world

2. Emergency shutdown

3. Popup window

Edge of the world hurts even with only one piece of ice as protection, and can be a late game kill card if the runner isn't careful.  The late game of both HB and NBN can score to win off a card with no advancement on it at the beginning of the turn, making it just too risky to leave alone.  Now all we need is a generic agenda that says "if [] is installed for three consecutive turns, you may immediately rez and score []."  I don't think we'll see that card because it would be too hard to keep track of, but it'd make a nice complement.

Emergency shutdown deserves the hype, but mostly for non-criminal runners.  People are wise to criminals' HQ fascination and will protect it enough that running HQ for emergency shutdown may be a larger drain on the runner's resource's than on the corp's.

I'm a fan of all ice that takes effect when you encounter it.  Even more so when it's on an econ-boosting card, and doubly when that card costs 0.  Put this on your HQ or R&D turn one and the runner may hold off running those areas in order to "deny" you creds.  This is the perfect card to protect an early game trap.

Bottom three are Woodcutter, Joshua B, and Muresh Bodysuit.

Now blogging Netrunner, Warmachine, Malifaux, Dust: Warfare, and anything else that catches my interest at Dice Minus Seven.

#8 Defenstrator

Defenstrator

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

I didn't think much of Wood Cutter either, but then I saw it in action. A couple of Shipments of Kaguya and a few credits later and you've got a card with 5 Do 1 Net Damage statements on it. Runner s don't like encountering that. It gets very expensive very quickly.

I admit I would like it better if they hadn't released Emergancy Shutdown at the same time. That card is a real kick in the face to buildable ice.

#9 Scud-O

Scud-O

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Defenstrator said:

I admit I would like it better if they hadn't released Emergancy Shutdown at the same time. That card is a real kick in the face to buildable ice.

You don't lose the advancement tokens on an Advancable ICE (Ice Wall, Hadrain's Wall, Shadow, Woodcutter) if it gets hit with Emergency Shutdown. That's why Advancable ICE is so good vs. Emergency Shutdown - you can advance it way beyond what you get for its rez cost and not have to pay for all that extra strength again. Go ahead, shut down my 7-Strength Ice Wall, I'll just rez it for 1 when you run.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS