• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hello,

How are you handling experience awards in your games?

I can't find any guide in the beta book, and I do not manage to find anything using the search engine of these forums.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

download the Beta book update #11, it's on p.13, in red.

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#3 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

shame on me!

Thx

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#4 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

It's also on pg. 190 of the book itself. Under a heading of… get this… "Awarding Experience Points"

#5 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

It's tucked away rather well though.  Given that it's quite integral to the game, I would have thought it would have at least a bigger heading, and perhaps a spot on the Contents page.  (Granted, there is an index!)

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#6 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Cilionelle said:

It's tucked away rather well though.  Given that it's quite integral to the game, I would have thought it would have at least a bigger heading, and perhaps a spot on the Contents page.  (Granted, there is an index!)

It is just 1 or 2 pages into the Gamemaster's Section. Right where I'd expect something like this to be. Just like how XP rewards are in the Gamemaster's guide for D&D.

#7 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Kallabecca said:

It is just 1 or 2 pages into the Gamemaster's Section. Right where I'd expect something like this to be. Just like how XP rewards are in the Gamemaster's guide for D&D.

Except that in the DM's Guide, there's a big title on the page, there's a half-page table of XP rewards, and two and a half pages' worth of detail on how XP works…

#8 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Cilionelle said:

Kallabecca said:

Except that in the DM's Guide, there's a big title on the page, there's a half-page table of XP rewards, and two and a half pages' worth of detail on how XP works…

You are comparing a completed game system's pages on XP to another completely different game system's beta. Yeah, there might be a few differences.

#9 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

Cilionelle said:

Kallabecca said:

And that is because of the way XP works in D&D. It needs that level of detail. But the point still stands. It's in the GM section, just like it is in the Beta EotE book.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS