Ship lists

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ryanus

Ryanus

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Is there a compiled list or spread sheet of all of the ship hulls and build components somewhere?

#2 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

There are quite a few floating around the web, but I don't believe there's been an official one. What I'd be interested in is if there is a list of all the custom Hulls that people have come up with. I need moar ships!

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#3 TiLT

TiLT

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Erathia said:

There are quite a few floating around the web, but I don't believe there's been an official one. What I'd be interested in is if there is a list of all the custom Hulls that people have come up with. I need moar ships!

Man, I really don't understand why you'd need more ship hulls. When I set up the ship generator in my system generator application, I was shocked at just how many types of ship hulls were available, particularly considering that most Rogue Trader groups will only ever have one of them. 

#4 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

TiLT said:

Erathia said:

Man, I really don't understand why you'd need more ship hulls. When I set up the ship generator in my system generator application, I was shocked at just how many types of ship hulls were available, particularly considering that most Rogue Trader groups will only ever have one of them. 

Because the Expanse has dozens of Rogue Traders, and the Imperium presumably has a lot of various designs. Even if I don't have official stats for them, it's nice to be able to say when people cruise into Footfall that there are a bunch of different designs and give the names that they can't find in the book. Unfortunately, that usually means they then want those ships for their own, so I need to make stats.

If you've automated the whole generation process then adding in more information becomes much less daunting.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#5 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

TiLT said:

particularly considering that most Rogue Trader groups will only ever have one of them. 

I'm not willing to bet that this is true. Most may start with only one, but players in a long game are likely to gain more. It's like wondering why D&D had so many spells of 6th-level and beyond. Most groups never get that far, but for those that do, you need something substantial there to work towards. I'd ventrue to say that most RT groups that don't get beyond one ship are not the ones that buy heavily into suppliments and are less frequent posters on boards such as this.

For my own group, our first campaign had grown the fleet to 14 vessels (mostly transports). Our current game's RT is the grandson of the last game's RT (a still living, but mostly retired holder of the WoT) and is in command of a frigate to prove his worth. The rest of the fleet is stil out there - some controlled by rival siblings.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS