Sleeving and Storage… How Expensive?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Arkham Horror is a very expensive game if you buy all the expansions. If you choose to sleeve, you can only do that using FFG official sleeves for a snug fit (don't know if there is a cheaper alternative besides not sleeving at all). The Sheet Protectors are for Ancient Ones, Investigators, Guardians, Heralds, and anything else that will not fit with sleeves. For those interested in how much it has costed me to sleeve everything before tax (and rounding a penny up, where needed)…

Fantasy Flight Supply (Green Package) 50 Clear Sleeves 57x89mm. = $3.00x30 = $90.00

Fantasy Flight Supply (Yellow Package) 50 Clear Sleeves 41x63mm. = $2.50x20 = $50.00

Protect&Store 8.5x5.5 1" Binder. = $7.50x2 = $15.00

Sheet Protectors 15 Pack. = $6.50x7 = $45.50

TOTAL= $200.50

Ignoring the binders, this does not include storage, which I have been wondering if there isn't a better solution to that. Been using Deck-Box Ultra Pro cases ($2 a pop) but they do not hold very many of the 57x89mm sleeves well; however, they work well with the 41x63 sleeves. Also using an Angled Storage System by Plano (got for about $40, which previously held Descen tokens, figurines, and tiles).

If you choose to sleeve and store, just wanted to warn you of the nearly $300 dollars of storage you may acquire if you want your AH in order.

#2 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I was in my local game shop yesterday, looking to play a pick-up game with one of the other regulars and while I was there, I managed to get a copy of Goat of the Black Woods. As I was worting out the cards  into the carrying case I have for my game, I realized just how much money FFG could make if they released a case for the game and all it's many, many, MANY pieces. I really have litter intention of buying sleeves for the cards since there are just too many to go through and sleeve them all. As you've shown, it's several hundred dollars worth of sleeve work. I would, however, pay money if FFG released a case to carry everything in effectively. At the moment, I"m using a combination of a a plastic small piece tool box) but plan to eventually do something very similar to what Master Fwiffo did with his suitcase carrying case.

Either way, there is going to be a large sum of money going into actually assembling and storing everything--FFG would be wise to address this need first, in my opinion, instead of putting out more figurines.

Or they could make another expansion. Just saying. cafe

#3 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

What do the sheet protectors look like? How can they fit both Ancient Ones and Heralds? I'm still looking for something I can use to sleeve my Heralds. The sheet protectors seem a little expensive, though. I used the Ultra Pro 5" x 7" photo/postcard sleeves mentioned in another thread, and they were a lot cheaper than the sheet protectors you listed. They really don't fit Heralds, though. =)

#4 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

eiterorm said:

What do the sheet protectors look like? How can they fit both Ancient Ones and Heralds? I'm still looking for something I can use to sleeve my Heralds. The sheet protectors seem a little expensive, though. I used the Ultra Pro 5" x 7" photo/postcard sleeves mentioned in another thread, and they were a lot cheaper than the sheet protectors you listed. They really don't fit Heralds, though. =)

No, the sheet protectors do not hold either well but do protect the cards of either type and are able to alphabatize for easy and accessible storage. Like I said, it's a difference in preference over organization and snug protection. I chose organization over snugness.

#5 Majspence

Majspence

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm in the middle of this process now.  I think its worth the cost.  If you're spending all that money on the games, you might as well protect them.  My problem is I can't find any shops around me to get the sleeves.  Im good on green but I can't find yellow to save my life and they are sold out on the site.

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

If you look at the Upcoming section of this site, you'll see they are reprinting them. So… just some more patience and you'll have them.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS