Action Bar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jolleyone

Jolleyone

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

When I purchase an upgrade card with an action on it (ex. Marksman), does it go onto my "action bar"?

I ask because there is a crit damage card (damaged sensor array) that states "you can not perform actions listed in your action bar".

We played it as; the upgrade action is NOT on your action bar, and you can therefore still do those actions if desired….

Thoughts?

#2 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

No. Certain upgrades state "your action bar gains…" while others do not.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Agree with Grimwalker.  Sounds like you played it correctly.

#4 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Related to this: my 9 year old son (!) tried to game me the other day. On Squad Leader it says the chosen ship may "perform 1 free action." It says nothing about it being on the action bar or not. So he was trying to allow an unmodified TIE fighter to do boost! I had to explain to him that this was not allowed. You can only perform actions that your ship has access to. Otherwise you could give target locks to TIEs, or Barrel Rolls to Y-wings, or any number of goofy things that are not intended by the Squad Leader card. Nevertheless, he did expose a bit of a weakness in the wording of that particular card.

Be seeing you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS