• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Right-Titan

Right-Titan

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

I've been reading over the Gunner card, and wondering:

When does it go off?  Do I have to miss on all my dice? I.e. roll nothing but blanks or blanks and focus without focus token?

Or do I have to have equal to or less hits than the total amount of evades?

I would assume the latter, implying that if for instance on Slave-1 with a Heavy Laser Cannon, and Gunner (which is a lot of points…) if I rolled 4 dice, got say 2 hits, and he evaded both, I would get to trigger gunner and roll a primary attack.

The follow up question then, is it worth your 5 points? and what pilots would you put it on?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Right-Titan said:

I've been reading over the Gunner card, and wondering:

When does it go off?  Do I have to miss on all my dice? I.e. roll nothing but blanks or blanks and focus without focus token?

Or do I have to have equal to or less hits than the total amount of evades?

I would assume the latter, implying that if for instance on Slave-1 with a Heavy Laser Cannon, and Gunner (which is a lot of points…) if I rolled 4 dice, got say 2 hits, and he evaded both, I would get to trigger gunner and roll a primary attack.

The follow up question then, is it worth your 5 points? and what pilots would you put it on?

You assume correctly.  Rolling a little explosiong icon on the attack die is not the same as hitting.  Hitting and missing is specifically defined on pg 12:

"If there is at least one uncanceled [hit] or [critical hit] result remaining, the defender is considered hit (see page 13). If all [hit] and [critical hit] result are canceled, the attack misses and the defender does not suffer any damage."

Also not that while I substituted [hit] and [critical hit] for the icons, they are never refered to as such in the rules.  That's just the common nomanclature.

#3 Herrgeist

Herrgeist

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Yeah the hitting and canceling hits is in the book. I think 5 points is totally fair to get to shoot again if you miss. Any Firespray pilot would benefit from this.

#4 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

The Gunner works best when you can also apply some kind of buff to both attacks. That means it works well with Han Solo, and creates an opportunity for Marksmanship (although that's an expensive combo). It also works well on Kath Scarlet, for whom a Gunner means that she can apply up to two stress per round. 

#5 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

Primary attack measn rolling 3 attack dice or just one? I read it as the primary attack is full dice value for the primary attack on the ship card. Wrong?

#6 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

nimdabew said:

Primary attack measn rolling 3 attack dice or just one? I read it as the primary attack is full dice value for the primary attack on the ship card. Wrong?

You're correct. If you miss, you make another regular attack, with your regular Attack value. 

#7 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

I used Gunner on Han last night.  It was awesome.  I didn't hit with an only attack once in five games.  Gunner is an amazing card.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS