Wave Three?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Niranth

Niranth

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

I would have thought there was enough time to have Wave Three in development.  I haven't had time to look very hard, have there been any rumors?

#2 spacemonkeymafia

spacemonkeymafia

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

I think this guy got the inside scoop on at least one of the ships ;-)

http://www.boardgame...wave-3-sighting

#3 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

wave 2 hasn't even arrived yet.. why do you even really care at this point?

in a few months after wave 2 has been released and the standard lists have finally settled, then i think it's fine to start speculating about wave 3.. but for now.. focus on what's in front of you not what's down the road

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#4 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

I…just…can't….take…it…any…more…..

I think in one of the other 30 or so Wave 3 speculation threads that somebody's younger brother who works at the factory in China leaked that Wave 3 was going to be:

Jedi Starfighter
ARC-170
Droid Tri-fighter
Vulture Droid Starfighter

Don't quote me on that, as it's been a while since I've looked through ALL of them. I could be wrong.

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#5 Niranth

Niranth

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

spacemonkeymafia said:

I do so hope!

#6 Niranth

Niranth

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

I have tried looking, but this forum loads soooo slowly that it gets painful to wait.  I expect the problem is here, but as this is the only site so encumbered I just live with it.

#7 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

hothie said:

I think in one of the other 30 or so Wave 3 speculation threads that somebody's younger brother who works at the factory in China leaked that Wave 3 was going to be:

Jedi Starfighter
ARC-170
Droid Tri-fighter

Don't quote me on that, as it's been a while since I've looked through ALL of them. I could be wrong.

Oh god, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. 

#8 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

hothie said:

Jedi Starfighter
ARC-170
Droid Tri-fighter

Thsi would make me very sad  triste

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#9 Red Five

Red Five

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

hothie said:

Jedi Starfighter
ARC-170
Droid Tri-fighter

Sounds like complete nonsense to me, why would FFG start releasing Clone Wars era ships and why would they release 4? If they were going to do this surely they would releas them in a core set first? As previously mentioned wave 2 isn't even out.

#10 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Red Five said:

hothie said:

Jedi Starfighter
ARC-170
Droid Tri-fighter

Sounds like complete nonsense to me, why would FFG start releasing Clone Wars era ships and why would they release 4? If they were going to do this surely they would releas them in a core set first? As previously mentioned wave 2 isn't even out.

It's possible I could just be coitusing with you because this exact thread is started almost exactly every 2 weeks by someone unwilling to search for the previous 30 threads that have been made regarding this exact same subject. Maybe while I'm snowed in I'll post a link to every thread that has been started regarding this subject. I wonder how many characters I can have in my signature…

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#11 Boomer_J

Boomer_J

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

I hear wave 3 will be Luke’s speeder and speeder bikes. I don’t know what the stats will be though.

#12 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Jawa Sandcrawler Ewok Hangglider Gungan Submarine Are the obvious ones. Bur what really surprised me was the Cliegg Lars Hover Chair. I had heard definitive news that that would not come out until wave 4.
Be seeing you.

#13 Mu0n

Mu0n

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

For sure Wave 5 will have a pair of shoes with an empty movement template and a range 0.05 6 attack dice lightsaber.

X[5]  Y[4]  A[5]  B[5]  H[3]  E[2]  Z[6]   YT-1300[2] GR-75 CR90

F[7]  A[2]  I[6]  B[5]  P[2]  D[3]  FS-31[2]  λ[2]

#14 COM 2D

COM 2D

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Wave 3 is supposed to be the Z95 and B-Wing for the Rebels and the Executor and Death Star for the Empire (the first Death Star, you'll have to wait for Wave 4 to get the Death Star II and the coveted "Fully armed and operational!" upgrade card.

#15 COM 2D

COM 2D

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Sneak preview:

Admiral Ozzel pilot card

#16 Niranth

Niranth

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

hothie said:

Red Five said:

hothie said:

Jedi Starfighter
ARC-170
Droid Tri-fighter

It's possible I could just be coitusing with you because this exact thread is started almost exactly every 2 weeks by someone unwilling to search for the previous 30 threads that have been made regarding this exact same subject. Maybe while I'm snowed in I'll post a link to every thread that has been started regarding this subject. I wonder how many characters I can have in my signature…

Considering it is taking a minute and a half to load every page change, I looked three pages back and gave up.  Lazy, sure.  I play both Star Wars games and mostly just check the rules area because of the painful browsing.  Also, wave two is painfully late and I would have expected some news on upcoming models to help keep interest from flagging.

#17 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

COM 2D said:

Sneak preview:

Admiral Ozzel pilot card

oh man, i seriously laughed out loud on this one.. just perfect!

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#18 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

spacemonkeymafia said:

Wow the ship from SpaceBall, I really have a god time of laughs withy this picture, may the ("Swartch") be with you, thanks for the memory, greetings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#19 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

My opinion and hope is that wave 3 will be the last and will hopefully include:

Tie bomber

b-wing

2 additional "large" ships, something like light armored transport/support ships (or something).

Otherwise I don't see to many more options, in either theme (star wars OT) or in mechanics (not much more unique play/variety left in the attack/def/sheild/hull setups).

Any more ships and I think they will just turn into mirrors of other ships, with maybe an extra action ability or something.

Now I would be excited if they released more pilot/upgrade packs.  That imo would do more for the game then more ships.

#20 vojvoda

vojvoda

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Is there no love for the Imperial Shuttles?

VR
James Mattes

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS