Jaded - pretty neat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vogue69

vogue69

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Does Jaded render you fearless against anything except daemons and psypowers? Hive tyrand is charging you with fear 4? no problem wih jaded lol .

does it also prevent you from getting pinned?

#2 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

No, I think you may have confused Jaded with Fearless.

Jaded simply means you do not gain Insanity Points from witnessing horrible things like mutilated corpses or other "normal" atrocities.

You still feel fear as any other people do, though.

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#3 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Yup; Jaded means blood&Guts won't shock you as before, but you will still be fearful of giant tyranids, demaons and the like.

Fearless means you are fearless.

My 40k Campaigns page

http://Dark-heresy.wikispaces.com

#4 vogue69

vogue69

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

oh sorry, we play with the only war talent description. I guess they beefed this up A LOT. It says in addition to insanity points you are immune to fear tests from everything mundane and xenos.

#5 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yes that is indeed an improvement. But you'll notice that the requirements have also been boosted, from 30 Willpower to 40.

I guess that the Guard see things normal people aren't exposed to, and if you're considered Jaded for a Guardsman, you really have seen it all :)

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#6 vogue69

vogue69

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Darth Smeg said:

Yes that is indeed an improvement. But you'll notice that the requirements have also been boosted, from 30 Willpower to 40.

I guess that the Guard see things normal people aren't exposed to, and if you're considered Jaded for a Guardsman, you really have seen it all :)

which then brings me to my follow up question: what happens if you get the talent as part of you class but don't have the minimum requirement?

#7 BlaxicanX

BlaxicanX

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

If you automatically get it then you automatically get it.

If you don't start with it automatically, but it's listed in your possible advances for purchase, then you need to have the pre-reqs for it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS