How many starters do you need?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 High Elves 77

High Elves 77

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Is this like all of the other LCG's where you need 3 starters to have 3 of each card? I really hate that about FFG LCG's.  I heard though that for this game you didn't need 3 starters.  Wanted to confirm.

#2 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yes, you will need to pick up three starters in order to have 3x of each; HOWEVER, only 2x of each objective are permitted in a deck, so two sets will suffice for competitive play, and there are only two objectives you will end up with excess copies of.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#3 Retype

Retype

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

You only need 2 core sets

#4 Hannibal_pjv

Hannibal_pjv

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Two. If you want to make more decks, then 3-4 but two is fine. You can build all possible decks, but you have to take them apart, if you need those cards in another deck. Just like in all normal games…

I have found out that decks buided from two starter tends to be more balanced and not so depended on pure luck.

#5 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

You only need two core sets to have a "play set". If you do not want to take decks apart as often, then more is better.

Welcome to the machine!

#6 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

does that mean you will need two of everything that comes out?

#7 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

I suggest two core sets, three if you want to multi-build certain pods.

I read that with the expansions you only need to buy one of each. Is that correct?

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Lord Dragon said:

Lord Dragon said:

Nope. You will only need one of each Force Pack. You'll still want 2 copies of deluxe expansions though.

#9 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Despite what anyone here is saying you need three sets. 2 to play with and one to keep sealed. It's a first print! oh wait that's the star wars collector inside me going bananas.

rules say 2 of each objective which makes it 2 core sets max I play with one and it works. but with the hoth cycle about to kick in I would say don't buy that second set just yet.

cheers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS