• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

The Scourge - ODG F55

Any Phase: Kneel The Scourge to choose 1 character. That character loses a Military, an Intrigue, and a Power icon until the end of the phase.
Response: After a character loses an icon from The Scourge, choose and discard 1 card from your hand to have that character gain that icon until the end of the phase. Any player may trigger this effect.

1) I take it that the Scourge only removes one of each icon that the character has - a character with multiple copies of icons has some protection

2) Any player can discard a card to give back an icon to a character who has had icons removed due to the Scourge

3) A player could discard 3 cards to give 3 icons back (as seperate responses for each discard)

4) Only icons that were removed can be given back

Can different players give the same icon back to a character who has had icons removed - if so, I assume the character only gets back one copy of that icon

i.e.

I use Scourge to remove character Xs icons

Player A discards a card to give character X back a power icon

Player B (Me) wants to discard a card to also give character X back a power icon (i.e. so that I can discard Darkstar and put him into play)

Is this allowed

thanks

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

HastAttack said:

1) I take it that the Scourge only removes one of each icon that the character has - a character with multiple copies of icons has some protection
Icons are like STR. You add everything together and take the result. So If a card has a printed military icon, you put a Rusted Sword on it, then hit it with The Scourge, the icon situation will be "1 (printed) + 1 (attachment) - 1 (location) = 1." You could give the icon back with the Response if you like, but "1 (printed) + 1 (attachment) - 1 (location) + 1 (Response) = 2" doesn't give you any sort of advantage, except requiring more "lose an icon" effects to bring it down to "no icon". 

HastAttack said:

Can different players give the same icon back to a character who has had icons removed - if so, I assume the character only gets back one copy of that icon
IF different players could give the character back the same icon, the character would "get" as many copies of the icon as players decided to give it. The Response does not "restore" the copy of the icon that was lost; it gives a new (but identical) icon. There is no practical advantage to having multiple copies of the same icon, other than the aforementioned benefit of requiring more "lose an icon" effects to take it away completely.

However, different players may not trigger The Scourge's response for the same icon. The rule is "one Response per trigger," not "one Response per player per trigger." Said another way, the inherent "once per Response opportunity" limit in the rules is measured from the point of view of the card being triggered, not from the point of view of the person doing the triggering. With The Scourge, all players are allowed to trigger the same card - but that doesn't change the fact that there is only the one card. So, the Response on The Scourge can only be used once per icon lost, no matter who decides to pay the actual cost and trigger it.

HastAttack said:

I use Scourge to remove character Xs icons

Player A discards a card to give character X back a power icon

Player B (Me) wants to discard a card to also give character X back a power icon (i.e. so that I can discard Darkstar and put him into play)

Is this allowed

The practical example of above. It is not allowed. The Response on The Scourge has already been used once in Response to the character losing the power icon. It cannot Respond to the character losing the power icon a second time.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS