• 530 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Amazon now has On the Doorstep for sale! Go check it out

#2 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

My friendly local game store said they'd have it in stock Thursday or Friday.

#3 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Says pre-order only to me. Maybe FFG is planning on making their formal announcement later today then making it avaliable for purchase afterwards 

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#4 Migwald

Migwald

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Placed my order!

if the first saga is anything to go by the new quests should be good :)

Migwald

#5 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm pretty sure that it will be available tomorrow but it is strange that Amazon says is will be available on Feb 25

Light Side: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 Hwks, 1 Falcon & 1 B-Wing

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#6 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

$11 for shipping!? yeah, eff that lol. Wow.

#7 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

soullos said:

amazon prime FTW 

Is odd they have a delivery date of the 26th as previously mentioned 

#8 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Pharmboys2013 said:

soullos said:

amazon prime FTW 

That's weird, I have Prime, but it's not eligible. Unless I'm looking at the wrong listing?

#9 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

soullos said:

Pharmboys2013 said:

soullos said:

amazon prime FTW 

That's weird, I have Prime, but it's not eligible. Unless I'm looking at the wrong listing?

im moderately sure my transaction was the "last avaliable" so maybe they put up another listing but didn't make it eligible 

#10 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Pharmboys2013 said:

im moderately sure my transaction was the "last avaliable" so maybe they put up another listing but didn't make it eligible 

Ah, that would explain it. ATM, it's currently being sold by a 3rd party seller, Funagain Games. Interesting that Amazon even stocked the item so early. From my experience, when it came to LCG, Amazon was the worst. They would be 2 weeks or even a month late. Perhaps Amazon finally got their act together, or maybe I've been really slow this whole time lol? Now all they need to do is stock a little bit more.

#11 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

soullos said:

Thats because its sold by funagaingames and fullfiled by amazon.  That is also the reason it is not elligible for prime.  Either buy it local or wait until it says "sold by amazon, fulfilled by amazon"  cause these hobby shops that go through amazon are a bunch of greedy *u*ks dont ever encourage them buy purchasing their crap deals.  And email amazon also, let them know that these bastards are using the marketplace to gouge people so amazon wil start selling it directly.

#12 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

The final preview is out http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3960

Am I the only one that is disappointed by the fact that the new Bifur ally is lore and is dependent on the controlling 5 dwarfs. I thought he was going to be a leadership dwarf when I first saw the decks.

Also the treasures are pretty cool.

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#13 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Sprenger said:

The final preview is out http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3960

Am I the only one that is disappointed by the fact that the new Bifur ally is lore and is dependent on the controlling 5 dwarfs. I thought he was going to be a leadership dwarf when I first saw the decks.

Also the treasures are pretty cool.

i think it's safe to assume, especially now, that the dwarf allies of bifur, dwalin, and gloin will retain the same sphere of influence as their hero counterparts. It is a little disappointing to see tactics get shunned again dwarf wise

#14 jc1138

jc1138

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

(spoilers below)

I just opened up my copy and can say there is one reprinted card, at least the name, "Smaug The Magnificient."  I haven't checked yet to ensure if it's the same in stats, effects, etc.

Some pretty interesting cards, overall.  Ravens of the Mountain is a Lore Event that caught my eye.  Many of the player cards were previewed.  Oin is a Spirit hero.  I'm looking forward to trying out the quests. 

#15 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Nice Nice… How do you compare Oin to Dwalin and Nori? Will he be useful in future quests?

#16 jc1138

jc1138

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

He's another one for Dwarf decks (the 5 of clause) and teams with Tactics.  Not bad.  8 starting threat.

#17 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

jc1138 said:

(spoilers below)

I just opened up my copy and can say there is one reprinted card, at least the name, "Smaug The Magnificient."  I haven't checked yet to ensure if it's the same in stats, effects, etc.

Some pretty interesting cards, overall.  Ravens of the Mountain is a Lore Event that caught my eye.  Many of the player cards were previewed.  Oin is a Spirit hero.  I'm looking forward to trying out the quests. 

more details on the player cards! please!

#18 jc1138

jc1138

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Ok, here's a few: (spoilers)

Ravens of the Mountain, Lore, Event, Cost 1

Action: Exhaust a hero you control to shuffle the encounter deck and reveal its top card.  Place progress tokens on the current quest equatl to the revealed card's TP.  Then, put that card back on top of the encounter deck.

Oin, Spirit Hero, Dwarf, 8 Starting Threat, 2 WP, 1 A, 1 D, 4 HP,

While you control at least 5 Dwarf characters, Oin gets +1 A and gains the Tactics resource icon.

Straight Shot, Tactics, Event, Cost 0

Action: Exhaust a Weapon attachment to choose a non-unique enemy with 0 D.  Discard the chosen enemy.

Expert Treasure-Hunter, Lore Attachment, Skill, Cost 0

Attach to a hero.

Response: After attached hero quests successfully, name a card type and discard the top card of your deck.  If the discarded card is the named type, take it into your hand.

#19 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Pharmboys2013 said:

jc1138 said:

(spoilers below)

Pharmboys2013 said:

jc1138 said:

(spoilers below)

There is a complete card by card write up at the BGG site:  http://boardgamegeek...e-text-unboxing

It seems the OP made a mistake on the Oin Hero, he wrote:

Oin (Spirit, 8 cost)
2/1/1/4
Dwarf.
While you control at least 5 Dwarf characters, Oin gets +1(ATK) and gains the (LEADERSHIP) resource icon

On page 4 of the thread another poster states that Oin gets the Tactics Icon instead of  leadership.

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#20 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Ooh, ravens of the mountain is a pretty cool card. Like a Denethor or Hennamarth action that adds progress. Not a staple but a cool card that could see some use.

Go figure just as I knock FFG for the lack of tactics dwarves they give Oin a very cool and unique ability that satisfies this need. This is the first hero that can naturally be dual sphere as well. Will be interesting to see if this ability will make him the dwarf spirit of choice over Nori who could technically meet the same specs with a song of battle. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS