Extra Power/Favor for spells, and Defensive mechanic

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zonekiller

Zonekiller

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

So I am part of an all new group to WFRP, started about 4 weeks ago. After a session yesterday me and a friend thought of two house rules that would be cool.

1) I always wondered why there wasn't a mechanic in the game for a priest or wizard to use all of his/her power/favor into one spell to do more dmg. So we thought of an idea where for every 2 extra power/favor you put into a spell or blessing that deals dmg it adds 1 extra dmg. However it also adds 1 black die to your die pool. This makes it where you can potentially do a heavy hitting spell/blessing but increases the chance to fail it, aka the effect of losing control of said spell/blessing. Now if the spell/blessing benefits from extra recharge, instead of extra dmg its extra recharge.

2) for Defensive skill like dodge, parry, and block. It doesnt make to much sense that you have to wait 2 rounds before reusing when in Real Life you can block parry or dodge one right after another. So me and my friend also thought of that instead of reducing the recharge, rather you can use dodge and if the next turn you feel you need or want to do it again you suffer fatigue up to how many recharge is left on the card. So if there is 2 still left then suffer 2, if there is one suffer 1. However If you reuse the action with 1 recharge on it, the recharge refreshes to 2. I think this would be designed for the dire situation where if you get hit one more time you done unless you do a desperate act of blocking, parrying or dodging.

Thoughts?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS