4 replies to this topic

#1 Bigjim22

Bigjim22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

if crown of azor ahai is standing and white raven is not in play it is summer 

if crown azor ahai is knelt and black raven is not in play it is winter 

so does that mean the benefits of the raven cards follow? extra gold for summer and 1 less card draw for winter?

or does it just mean that it is summer or winter for the purpose of other cards triggered effects?

my hope is that the season bonus applies but im thinking it doesn't

#2 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Bigjim22 said:

if crown of azor ahai is standing and white raven is not in play it is summer 

if crown azor ahai is knelt and black raven is not in play it is winter 

so does that mean the benefits of the raven cards follow? extra gold for summer and 1 less card draw for winter?

or does it just mean that it is summer or winter for the purpose of other cards triggered effects?

my hope is that the season bonus applies but im thinking it doesn't

It's the latter. I think you mean 1 less gold for winter (if you're referring to the raven, not the KoS agenda).

As far as cards making it winter or summer, only the ravens give benefits or detriments for changing the season. The crowns simply make it the appropriate season (as long as the opposite season raven isn't in play) for the purposes of "if it is summer/winter…" effects.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

There is no rule anywhere that says "while it is winter, players count one less gold," or "while it is summer, players count one more gold." In fact, the ravens don't even say that either. They say "It is winter. Players count one less gold." and "It is summer. Players count one more gold."

Point being, the changes to the gold count are part of the card effects of the ravens. They are not "results" of the seasons or rules. 

Since the changes to the gold count are part of the card effects of the ravens, you would need the ravens to be in play for them to apply.

#4 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

The fact that the income increase/decrease is dependent on the raven card and *not* on the season becomes even more clear when you consider the plot The Raven's Song. If that plot is active and one of the season ravens is in play, it is *not* Winter/Summer, but the income modification still applies (unless I'm sorely mistaken, in which case ktom will take me down).

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Nope. Nothing to take down. That statement/interpretation of The Raven's Song is entirely accurate - and was quite a surprise to people who were not reading the cards carefully when the plot first came out.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS