Ithilien Tracker and Smaug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Maybe i'm just personally late to realizing this, but has anyone else noticed how amazing Ithilien Tracker is in the Battle of Laketown Quest??

Once the tracker is in play, there is no reason to ever not put Smaug in the staging area rather than engaged with the first player because since by using ithilien tracker's power you can easily quest over him, and if your threat is low enough…not have to engage him much at all.  This can allow you to build up an army until you are ready to engage him, or if you are in a multiplayer match, the best prepared player can choose to optionally engage Smaug each turn if necessary.

anways, going back to finish my game…i got so rilled up over realizing this i had to stop and make a post about it

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

I don't have the Battle of Lake-town, but isn't Smaug immune to player card effects?  The Ithilien Tracker would lower his threat to 0, but he should be immune.

#3 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Smaug is immune to Tracker ability.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#4 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Ahh. You guys are right. I got too excited that I had found some quest breaking secret. Sorry to waste your time 

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS