Cave Torch and Goblin Follower

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Since Cave Torch says to discard the card, and then if it is an enemy add it to the staging area, Goblin Follower's "When Revealed" effect would not take place, right?  I just wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Thanks 

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I think you are correct.  Reveal is used in a specific way.  A card can be "added" to the staging area without having "revealed" it, so the When Revealed effect does not trigger.

#3 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I think it's kind of like Sneak Attack in Escape from Dul Guldur, as you are not "playing" the character, but "putting it into play", and in this case you are "adding" the card to the staging area, not "revealing" it.

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS