Natural Disaster - Rules Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RiffRaff14

RiffRaff14

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Question about "Natural Disaster" card in "The Cataclysm" scenario: Are wounded units considered to be 'destroyed in combat' for the purposes of dealing damage?

Just wondering if the Uthuk will suffer quite a bit due to this card or if the damage is only taken if the unit is destroyed outright.  Also if the Dwarven Guardian would protect you here.

Just wondering since I still haven't beaten this scenario solo.

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

I don't have my cards with me, so I can't say for sure based on what "Natural Disaster" says, but from the rules, it looks like wounded units would still count as destroyed during combat since it is the last step of battles/sieges.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'd say yes - as Budgernaut says, wounded units are destroyed as part of step 5 of the battle phase. Natural Disasters states "when a player's unit is destroyed in combat…", so yeah, the Uthuk will take a pounding. But hopefully, with only 10 strength needed to be rid of the card, it won't be in play long enough to be of much harm (battle being resolved before the event phase and all). But then, this probably assumes a team effort and not a solo one. So, hm. 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS