Striking/Focus Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sliebert

sliebert

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Sorry if this question was posted somewhere else, but I couldn't find it.

Let's say I'm attacked by one person, and block with 2 defenders.

Let's say I win the edge, and strike First.  I kill the ONE attacker right away.

Does the second defender (which hasn't struck anything), does he have to focus defending?

Thanks - this came up today.

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

No unit can leave an engagement ready (unexhausted). You have to focus all units in an engagement even if their combat icons will not have an effect or they have no combat icons.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Budgernaut said:

No unit can leave an engagement ready (unexhausted). You have to focus all units in an engagement even if their combat icons will not have an effect or they have no combat icons.

Not quite true, though correctly answering the question.  No unit can leave the "Resolve Strikes" step of the engagement Ready.  That is, the Resolve Strikes step will continue until all particing units are exhausted; if there is a Ready participating unit it must strike.  If you remove the focus token later during the engagement (ie during the Reward Unopposed step), then the unit can leave the engagement Ready.  The best current way to do this is Red Two destroying an objective with the unopposed bonus.

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

Touche.

[And I just realized they removed the special characters button from the forum software. Bummer.]

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS