Dragon Hunter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Weslocke

Weslocke

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

When the Dragon Hunter chooses to teleport to another face up dragon in his region, and there is another character in that space with the dragon, can the Dragon Hunter encounter the character instead of the dragon??

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Weslocke said:

When the Dragon Hunter chooses to teleport to another face up dragon in his region, and there is another character in that space with the dragon, can the Dragon Hunter encounter the character instead of the dragon??

Dragon Hunter

Instead of rolling a die for movement, you may move to the closest Dragon on another space in your region. If two or more Dragons are an equal distance away, you choose which Dragon to move to.

It says move to the closest Dragon on another space; if it were possible to encounter a character on the same space, it should have been worded "move to the closest space in your region with a faceup Dragon".

This has good results in terms of correct gameplay and respects the role of the Dragon Hunter. Otherwise he will be doing like this: "ignore the Dragons you should be hunting and prey on the weak characters that failed to kill them". He should be named Dragon Sidekick or Dragon Jackal instead .

But still, this is not a 100% satisfying answer.

#3 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

There is no reason why the Dragon Hunter can't encounter another character if they are there with the dragon? I havent read the card or the faq?

#4 Weslocke

Weslocke

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

We voted that the Dragon Hunter could not encounter the character as he is teleporting to a dragon…the player was not happy with the vote. I am glad that we voted correctly.

#5 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Weslocke said:

We voted that the Dragon Hunter could not encounter the character as he is teleporting to a dragon…the player was not happy with the vote. I am glad that we voted correctly.

i don't think you voted correctly.

#6 kain7th

kain7th

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Uvatha said:

Weslocke said:

i don't think you voted correctly.

Why do you say that? i think he did it correctly too. i think the dragon hunter should always encounter the dragon in that space regardless if there is a character there. it just makes sense.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS