Edge Battle Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

Is it possible to have more than one edge battle occur on your same turn? If so, say for the second edge battle, what if both players do not have any cards to use for the edge battle, what happens?

#2 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

XWing32 said:

Is it possible to have more than one edge battle occur on your same turn? If so, say for the second edge battle, what if both players do not have any cards to use for the edge battle, what happens?

It's possible to engage more than one objective on a player's turn, and an edge battle occurs for each engagement.  You could also have an additional edge battle thanks to the Twist of Fate card.

If neither player has any cards to play into the edge battle, it is considered a tie, and ties go to the defending player.

#3 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

That is what I figured but thought I'd ask just in case.  Now to understand the rules, if there are no defenders, then the attacker automatically wins the edge battle and proceeds with next step in resolving the conflict which includes the unopposed bonus coming into place. I hope I got that right.

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

XWing32 said:

That is what I figured but thought I'd ask just in case.  Now to understand the rules, if there are no defenders, then the attacker automatically wins the edge battle and proceeds with next step in resolving the conflict which includes the unopposed bonus coming into place. I hope I got that right.

If there are no defenders, the attacking player automatically wins the edge battle, but may still choose to place cards into it (like Target of Opportunity). The engagement then continues as normal with resolving strikes and awarding the unopposed bonus.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS