Card Storage

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sithhappens44142

sithhappens44142

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

How is everyone storing thier cards?  I first started using card pages, but since I want to keep the cards looking nice, opted to store them in sleeves so I don't have to keep handling the cards themselves everytime I want to play.  Any thoughts or ideas anyone?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

I replied to you on cardgamedb with a picture of how I store my cards.

I store my decks in sleeves in plastic deck boxes and my extra OSets in a binder with 9 card pages witth each OSet all together in a row grouped by OSet number.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

I have an old SWCCG Third Anthology box with my decks (sleeved), an extra copy of each of the "starter" decks, and all of the tokens and such.  I then have a binder with a 9-card page for each objective set.  I keep a copy of the rule book in the cover of the binder.

#4 Goldenfoon

Goldenfoon

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

I use a 9 card binder sheet and insert the entire objective set into one card slot. I only have the objective card showing so I cannot see the other cards in the set, but I am fine with that. Over Time I will get used to what is in each set based on the objective so it won't be a big deal.

As with my constructed decks I store them sleeved in a Deck box.

#5 NightGoblinShaman

NightGoblinShaman

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I like keeping my cards in the individual protective clear plastic sleeve then place them in a 9 pocket page protector binder.

#6 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I got those 3200 count baseball card boxes and sleeved all my agot cards, but that got too expensive.  So my plan for sw lcg is to only sleeve 6 decks and hold the cards I don't use in the baseball card box.

#7 Kealios

Kealios

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Ive really been wrestling with this. I've collected countless CCGs, but never a LCG. Ive also never really been a tournament player, so never separated my cards by cycle/expansion, etc, like I know so many people do.

Now, however, the Cycles seem pretty important, and it is quite clear to me that sorting by Objective Set, keeping each 6-card group together is the best way to sort.

The way I see it, I can put my cards into a pizza box, sorted by Faction and Cycle, with each ObjSet being stored with its own cards, and likely marked some way (I use 3x5 index cards and cut to fit), OR I can attempt to store each ObjSet by Faction and Cycle in 9-pocket sleeves, and just store duplicates next to each other in the sleeves.

I think the sleeves makes the most sense, but it also begs to take up a lot of room….

#8 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

NightGoblinShaman said:

I like keeping my cards in the individual protective clear plastic sleeve then place them in a 9 pocket page protector binder.

Where do you get the 9-card pages that allow for cards to be sleeved? I have seen the UltraPro Premium binders, but I'd like to find the individual pages, preferably side-loading and able to use each side separately. Drawing a blank so far.

#9 Tappiocca

Tappiocca

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

I keep everything inside Perfect Fits, then I put them into a long box (one of those, what 12 slot containers).

#10 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Right now, I am experimenting with using penny sleeves to house each unused objective. The cards that are in decks stay in gaming sleeves. It works alright for now, but we will see how it turns out.

Welcome to the machine!

#11 Kealios

Kealios

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

The real question is, will one penny sleeve hold 6 cards in it? Hmmm…that would be a fast and efficient way to method for sorting/storing ObjSets in a box…Hmmm. Sleeving each and every sleeve is a little much. My OCD hasnt hit that level yet, and since I sleeve my gaming cards only in KMC Clear sleeves, the cost would be astronomical…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS