• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hello,

After reading the rules, I have a question regarding melee combat. Besides having a melee weapon with the Defensive quality, are there no maneuvers (or actions) that allow a character to parry /dodge /block an incoming melee attack?

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 Andrew Tatro

Andrew Tatro

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

You can assume a Guarded Stance as a maneuver, which adds one Setback die to any Brawl/Meleeattacks made against you. However you also take a Setback die to any attacks you make as well regardless of type.

#3 JasonRR

JasonRR

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

Andrew Tatro said:

You can assume a Guarded Stance as a maneuver, which adds one Setback die to any Brawl/Meleeattacks made against you. However you also take a Setback die to any attacks you make as well regardless of type.

Not to mention all of the different defensive talents that give you something to hurt the dice pools of attackers (usually at the cost of strain).

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

JasonRR said:

Not to mention all of the different defensive talents that give you something to hurt the dice pools of attackers (usually at the cost of strain).

ah! that may be it! I did not read the different talents. I will read them.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS