Ruling: Local Unrest with Mechanized Units

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raptor2213

Raptor2213

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

If a player uses "Local Unrest" on a system containing a space station, PDS, and two mechanized units, what happens?

#2 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

The FAQ states the following: "Mechanized Units are treated as Ground Forces in regards to invading and controlling planets only, this includes cards and effects which would revert a planet to neutral if no Ground Forces are present." I cannot interpret this in any other way than that the Local Unrest AC has zero effect on the planet in question.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#3 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

For the sake of clarity I'll also quote the second half of the aforementioned FAQ answer: " They participate in invasion combat but are immune to all abilities that refer to Ground Forces, such as Action Cards, technologies, Domain Counters, bombardments, PDS fire, and Leaders."

#4 Raptor2213

Raptor2213

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

Fnoffen said:

The FAQ states the following: "Mechanized Units are treated as Ground Forces in regards to invading and controlling planets only, this includes cards and effects which would revert a planet to neutral if no Ground Forces are present." I cannot interpret this in any other way than that the Local Unrest AC has zero effect on the planet in question.

Ah, thanks.  I missed that one.

#5 Nehkrimah

Nehkrimah

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

From memory Local Unrest also exhausts the Planet card, so that would still happen, and if there was a MU and a GF, the GF would be killed, but the MU would stop the planet from reverting to neutral.

#6 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

True. Forgot the part about exhausting. Which might still make Local Unrest a viable option to hinder a player from having enough resources to complete an objective for example. Even if (s)he retains control of the planet for future rounds.

#7 Robofish

Robofish

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

Rioters? Close the hatch.

Orbital Bombardment? Close the hatch.

Diplomats? Close the hatch.

Man killing bioforms? Close the hatch.

Droping onto a planet into heavy PDS fire? Close the hatch.

There is nothing you can't do in a tank!

• Aeonim likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS