• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rimmer1

Rimmer1

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hi Guys

About to order the whole set but have aquick question.

I can get the core set for cheaper than three expansion sets (1x X-Wing, 2x TIE) as the core set already comes with those three, my question is; is there anything I would be missing inside the expansion sets, that I would be missing out on if I just brough two of the core sets.

Cheers in Advance.

Lord Inquisitor - Sometimes a Bolter is not the only, nor best answer my Acolyte.

Acolyte - Yes my Lord, that is why I requisitioned a Melta Gun, Plasma Pistol and Vortex Grenades

Lord Inquisitor - Your not even listening are you?

Acolyte - How are you with Archeotech?

#2 Rimmer1

Rimmer1

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

OK, that was a very convoluted way of saying

Core Set x2

OR

Core Set x1

X-Wing x1

TIE x2

Lord Inquisitor - Sometimes a Bolter is not the only, nor best answer my Acolyte.

Acolyte - Yes my Lord, that is why I requisitioned a Melta Gun, Plasma Pistol and Vortex Grenades

#3 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

definately go with 2 core sets.  you will also eventually want at least 1 x-wing and tie expansion as they include cards/pilots that are not in the core set.  it also takes at least 3 x-wings to make up a 100 pt squad an 5 ties.

HTH,

#4 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

The XWing and TIE Fighter expansions have pilot cards and some upgrade cards that are not in the Core set.

XWing has Wedge, an awesome pilot card - and a couple astromechs that you don't get in the core set.

I think the TIE expansion has Howlrunner, one of the TIE pilot favorites.

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings; Rebel Aces: 1 prototype A-Wing, 1 Elite B-Wing

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#5 Rimmer1

Rimmer1

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the advice guys!!!!!!

My Original Order

Core x1

X-Wing x2

TIE x2

Y-Wing x1

TIE Adv x1

Dice x1

Amended Order (after talking to you guys!)

Core x2

X-Wing x1

TIE x1

Y-Wing x1

TIE Adv x1

In total only $3.00 more for an extra TIE Fighter and all the templates in the core set!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to hide it all from my wife…………………………………………..

#6 Kilrain

Kilrain

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think it was great advice to get two cores sets. It will never hurt to have duplicates of the key parts like the movement wheels.

#7 chromag33

chromag33

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

I got two core sets because you get two sets of everything like the dice, witch is nice and righ now its hard to find to much local, core sets or expansion packs.Can't wait for wave two! 

#8 EmperorCorwin

EmperorCorwin

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

We've never been out of Core Sets locally. Even when the FLGS was out, Target had them… [Refraining from any "Stay on…" jokes]

#9 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

FWIW, a friend of mine happily reported to me yesterday that MiniaturesMarket.com now has a ton of Cores, so it would seem that more have indeed shipped. 

#10 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Cool Stuff is showing Cores in stock too…

I think the assumption that cores would be restocked wtih wave 2 was true, and probably shipped before wave 2 so they are starting to pop up everywhere.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS