Removal of icon/ immunity question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Daenarys

Daenarys

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Could i get clarification based on the following example, i think there are few situations where similar situations would arise and i want to make i am correct.

I have Daenerys Tarygaryen ( F9 ) in play ' Targaryen characters you control get +1 STR. She has the noble crest

I also have Stalwart Shield ( F49 ) in play. ' Noble characters you control cannot lose icons, have their STR reduced or be knelt by card effects'.

My opponent plays the 'Bastard' attachment on Daenerys

What happens to her power icon ?

What happens with the Bastard ?

#2 Daenarys

Daenarys

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

As an addition to this question.

If Daenerys had initially on her the attachment 'Rusted Sword' and then my opponent played 'Bastard' on her, what would happen ?

I assume Rusted sword would be discarded and Bastard would still go on but what would happen to the military icon that was just on Daenerys ?

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Daenarys said:

What happens to her power icon ?
The "loses a power icon" modifier is never applied when you check Dany for the power icon. It would be like it wasn't there - until Stalwart Shield leaves play.

Daenarys said:

What happens with the Bastard ?
It's attached to Dany, it gives her the "Bastard" trait and prevents attachments from being played on her.

Valar doesn't become an illegally revealed plot card just because someone "cannot be killed," so to speak.

#4 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Dany would no longer gain a military icon and +2 STR from Rusted Sword. Losing a bonus is not a reduction, and ceasing to gain an icon is not losing it.

#5 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Khudzlin said:

Dany would no longer gain a military icon and +2 STR from Rusted Sword. Losing a bonus is not a reduction, and ceasing to gain an icon is not losing it.

What for? It doesn't protect from attachments overall, just prevention of them being played in her. Basically if you put rusted sword into play via its ability, that would be legal.

#6 Crevic

Crevic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Bomb said:

Khudzlin said:

What for? It doesn't protect from attachments overall, just prevention of them being played in her. Basically if you put rusted sword into play via its ability, that would be legal.

Assuming Dany already has a Rusted Sword, Bastard would discard it when played.

#7 Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

but if she gains the "can't have attactments" text then you cannot put the sword on her period. also bastard doesn't take her noble crest unless i'm mistaken

#8 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Wolfbrother said:

but if she gains the "can't have attactments" text then you cannot put the sword on her period. also bastard doesn't take her noble crest unless i'm mistaken

Bastard doesn't say the character cannot have attachments put on it. It only says attachments cannot be played on the character. Put into play effects (Rusted Sword's any phase)  and attachment transfer effects (The Maester's Path's response) are not affected.

#9 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

It's all very simple here:

If Rusted Sword is on Dany while Stalwart Shield is in play and Bastard is played on her, the following will happen:

1. Bastard will become attached to Dany (nothing on Stalwart Shield prevents this)
  2. Rusted Sword is discarded (nothing on Stalwart Shield prevents this)
  3. The +2 STR and MIL icon from the attachment will be gone because Rusted Sword is no longer attached to her (nothing on Stalwart Shield allows a constant effect to continue to apply to a character after the card with the effect leaves play).
  4. Dany will gain the Bastard trait and new attachments cannot be played on her (as per Bastard's effect)
  5. Bastard will not take the POW icon from Dany (Stalwart Shield's effect prevents the loss)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS