We have a Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game tournament scheduled for Saturday, March 2nd at the FFG Event Center, starting at 2 PM. This is geared toward casual players, though serious competitors (with good attitudes) are also welcome!
* Free entry.
* MIXED STORY FORMAT: Players choose 1 copy each of any 5 stories from the Call of Cthulhu Living Card Game (Core Set, Secrets of Arkham Deluxe Expansion, and/or The Shifting Sands Asylum Pack). You'll build a story deck of 10 cards by combining your stories with your opponent's. Yes, there may be duplicates between the two of you, but not among any given player's five stories.
* Prizes will be offered as follows:
@ Tournament winner (1st place)
@ "Coolest deck" award, as voted on by players
@ "Most stories triggered" - to the player who, over the course of the tournament, saw the greatest number of unique stories triggered during his or her games. This includes stories your opponents trigger, but it does not include stories triggered multiple times over the course of the tournament.
The "What if we had an FAQ for this upcoming tournament?" section:
* Is there an entry fee? No! It's free! (Gaaaaah!)
* Is this über-competitive? No! It's focused toward the casual player with an opportunity for competitive players to compete.
* Will we use the rulings from the latest FAQ? Yes. There will be a new FAQ coming before the Regional Championship tournament season, and we will adhere to all its rulings, apart from the mixed story format. (At least so well as we understand them.)
* If I attend this tournament, will I be devoured by an Elder God? Well, that's uncertain, though there's a good chance of it. The only thing I can tell you is that if you are devoured by an Elder God at a Cthulhu tournament, it's a relatively thematic demise.
The early response to the tournament has been encouraging, and I hope to see you there!