Regionals Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scud-O

Scud-O

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Anyone know how much the entry fee for a Regional usually is?

#2 slappy

slappy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm working with my local store to run a regional, and we're figuring out the entry fee. Any experience would be welcomed.

#3 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

We also need to know what data packs will be legal for Regionals

#4 Syd

Syd

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

There will certainly be a new FAQ for all the LCGs before the Regional season begins. Somewhere in there it should specify what packs are legal for the season. This is sometimes updated during the season as well, so some packs may become legal at the tail end of the season.

Also, when I have run regionals and/or attended regionals, $10 is fairly standard if the organizers are expecting enough participants to cover the cost of the kit. That can rise as high as $20 if attendence is expected to be low, but rarely have I seen $20 entry fees.

#5 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

As far as Regional pricing, I am in the same boat as a TO, working with my FLGS to find what pricing should be. 

When it comes to what cards will be legal though, unless things change between now and then, pg 2 of the Tournament Rules states
"Authorized Cards
All Android: Netrunner cards produced by Fantasy Flight Games are legal for sanctioned play (unless banned). No other cards or proxy cards are permitted."

Lukas has already stated that there will be a new FAQ too, so hopefully any questionable timing on recently released sets will be cleared up by that for the regionals

#6 Amuk

Amuk

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I've seen one or two as low as $10 and a couple (smaller) ones as high as $20. $15 has been the most common entry fee I've seen. If you're in that range, you probably won't price anyone out.

Cordially,

Amuk

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel & a comedy for those who think." - Jean de la Bruyère

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS