Core set reprint

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

My favorite Canadian game store "Starlit Citadel" is finally out of core sets and their web site says "awaiting reprint". This makes me hopeful that reprints are on their way, hopefully including errata of important cards like Beravor.

Does anyone know when the latest errataed core set reprints will be available for sale?

#2 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

A reprint of the core would be nice. Especially if it included updated cards that have gotten errata and the rulebook included all the new keywords (Secrecy, Battle, Siege, etc).

#3 rekath16

rekath16

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

When new players buy the core set and see thousands of keywords which do not belong to the current quests, they will get overwhelmed with unimportant information what maybe scares them to buy new stuff.

In my opinion a very bad idea!

Der Wille war da, aber das Fleisch war schwach.

#4 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

rekath16 said:

When new players buy the core set and see thousands of keywords which do not belong to the current quests, they will get overwhelmed with unimportant information what maybe scares them to buy new stuff.

I disagree. This is clearly a product that is intended to be played with expansions and anyone buying into it is likely to realize that. I really appreciate when a game gives me a comprehensive list of rules in a single location. It's a pain to have to reference one rule sheet for Archery and another for Secrecy, etc.

"Thousands" is ridiculous hyperbole, there's but a scant handful that I'd like to see added to the rule book. *THOUSANDS* would be fairly overwhelming, five or so, not so much. Those that are specific to only a single quest (like Riddles, Escape tests, etc) probably wouldn't need inclusion.

I sincerely doubt that half a page that says here's some keywords that can be found on cards in some of the expansions would scare anyone away.

Heck, that way anyone who picked up the core and was thinking about whether they wanted to get some expansions and came to the forums or other places wouldn't feel so daunted and excluded as people discuss concepts like Secrecy, Battle, etc.)

#5 rekath16

rekath16

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

gatharion said:

rekath16 said:

I disagree. This is clearly a product that is intended to be played with expansions and anyone buying into it is likely to realize that. I really appreciate when a game gives me a comprehensive list of rules in a single location. It's a pain to have to reference one rule sheet for Archery and another for Secrecy, etc.

"Thousands" is ridiculous hyperbole, there's but a scant handful that I'd like to see added to the rule book. *THOUSANDS* would be fairly overwhelming, five or so, not so much. Those that are specific to only a single quest (like Riddles, Escape tests, etc) probably wouldn't need inclusion.

I sincerely doubt that half a page that says here's some keywords that can be found on cards in some of the expansions would scare anyone away.

Heck, that way anyone who picked up the core and was thinking about whether they wanted to get some expansions and came to the forums or other places wouldn't feel so daunted and excluded as people discuss concepts like Secrecy, Battle, etc.)

I disagree. You can not trivialize your own opinion. Of course there are sufficient players who only want to try a certain number of expensions. Thousands is a ridiculous hyberbole, there are only a few keywords? Then I am surprised that you are still not able to keep them in your mind.

I remember the comments when Khazad-Dum was first published. Many players complained that one encounter set could not be played (cause it would have been part of the comming expensions). They were disappointed to have payed money for an expension and still can not play everything. Now they were "forced" to buy another expension, too.

I wouldnt buy a whole new core set only because of a new rulebook. lol Why you dont follow the copy & paste method? Open Word, copy and paste the keyword explanations, that you can not keep in your mind, and then print it out! sonreir

Der Wille war da, aber das Fleisch war schwach.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS