Sleeves for Cards

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Is it a good idea to sleeve these cards like you would for any other card game? I know maybe a silly question but just thought id ask.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

They're no less likely to get damaged than cards from other games, though there also won't be $70 cards. Really just comes to your preference. I sleeve my decks though.

#3 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

For what it's worth, tournament rules will probably require it.

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#4 Luminous Quasar

Luminous Quasar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

I sleeve all the ones to be played and the rest into the card pockets. 

Also, these cards are likely to get damaged after being in many games so it's wise to protect them. Moreover, the Star Wars sleeve arts are awesome so they really enhance the look at the back of the cards .. :) 

#5 thopol

thopol

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

I think sleeves are nice since the art goes all the way to the edge of the card.  I don't notice the card stock being better or worse than comparable games, but a slightly disfigured border looks better than a slightly disfigured image.

Yesterday I realized that I'd like to use slightly different sleeves for the objectives and regular cards to ease flipping through objective sets.  Thought I'd share even though it's really minor.

#6 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Cool good stuff. Now my next question is as far as storage goes, is the actual box that comes with the core set an adequate storage box for the time being?

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

XWing32 said:

Cool good stuff. Now my next question is as far as storage goes, is the actual box that comes with the core set an adequate storage box for the time being?

Not really designed for it. Just get a regular card storage box same as you would use with any other trading cards.

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

Luminous Quasar said:

Moreover, the Star Wars sleeve arts are awesome so they really enhance the look at the back of the cards .. :) 

This is very true.  I'm not a huge fan of the art on the card backs, though I do like most of the art in the game.

#9 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Here is what I'm thinking right off the bat..

ultra pro 9 pocket pro-binder

-ive seen ideas on pocketing 3 objectives along with their corresponding cards all on one double sided sleeve which is pretty cool. 

Probably will eventually need a box or another binder to store additional cards from expansions and such.  

Using a random small box or the actual core box to store the rule book, the dial, and the tokens.

I am open to all suggestions.. I am so bad at  this =/.

#10 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

I saw a great idea for storing/transporting cards on another thread. The poster there suggested you take the cardboard divider that comes in the Core box and turn it upside down. Then, store your Dark Side cards in one "cardboard canyon" and your Light Side cards in the other. If you sleeve the ones you ouse for tournament decks (or even just your primary play decks) you can just lay them in the canyon with all the others. This also leaves room on the ends for plastic baggies to hold your damage markers, Death Star Dial, etc. If you sleeve only two decks (one Light and one Dark) you can probably fit all the cards from two Core boxes in one box with the canyons up.

Now, after several expansions, you'll likely need a new system, but for now this is good for storage and transporting all the stuff you need for a game.

And for what its worth, I like using the beautiful Star Wars art sleeves from FFG itself. Sure, they cost more than 'penny sleeves' but they sure are beautiful.

#11 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for all the tips everyone.. decisions decisions =).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS