Getting ready to start my new Rogue Trader campaign

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 weaver95

weaver95

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I gotta say - the rules in BattleFleet Kornonus, Navis Primer and Stars of Iniquity are proving to be very very useful indeed.  I've generated a fairly detailed star system to see how SOI would work, and was satisfied with the overall results (mind you, the form used to record system details is in no way ready for the task of recording all that data but that is a minor quibble).  So i'll generate a couple/few more star systems and give my players a nice little stellar cluster to discover, explore and exploit. 

I really do wish the rules for astropaths, navigators and colony building had come out sooner.  It would have made things much easier in my campaign I ran when RT first came out.  ah well…THIS time I shall be ready.

#2 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Let me know how it goes! I haven't been able to railroad my players into exploring any of the new Systems I've rolled up, so I'm interested to see how other people interact with these systems.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#3 weaver95

weaver95

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Erathia said:

Let me know how it goes! I haven't been able to railroad my players into exploring any of the new Systems I've rolled up, so I'm interested to see how other people interact with these systems.

I had the same issue with Traveler.  space is BIG!  like awesomely cosmically huge.  so how do I point the party where I want them to go?  I can't detail out the entire Koronus expanse…so here's what I've done:

the campaign intro is going to start off with them being contacted by a disgruntled now former employee of Aspyce Chordia - a seneshal who helped run her Cold Trade outfit and got pinched by the Inquisition.  he managed to escape (barely) only to find out that Chordia now wants him dead so he can't rat her out to the Ordo Xenos.  He knows he can't actually tie her to the Cold Trade directly, so he's got nothing to offer the Inquisition (who would probably just torture him to madness to pass the time)…but he's got a plan.  being the sneaky and paranoid sort, he's always held onto a few things as a kind of nest egg/insurance policy.  in this case, a genelocked void safe containing two things: maps of the expanse stolen/recovered from one of the Haarlock dynasty's wrecked ships (House Nostromo maps of goodness!) and a datapad detailing some of the worlds and notes that those maps can lead 'em too. 

How they deal with him will give me a feel for how the campaign is going to go…but all this seneshal wants is 2 profit factors worth of money and passage off Port Wander to Footfall and he'll deal straight with the party.  After that, they get the details on a stellar cluster that nobody's been too since Haarlock murdered the rest of his family.  if they don't jump at that opportunity then there's no point in even running the rest of the campaign!  that points them at the area i'm developing without seeming heavy handed about it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS