• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hi again
Is it Dunwich Horror out of production? Because I can't find it in my country, unlike all the other expansions. I got Innsmouth Horror but I really wanted to add "injuries and madnesses" to the game. 
Speaking of Innsmouth, can I add all the cards and monsters (except Innsmouth encounters) to the AH set without using the city expansion? Or is it not recommended?

About the rules:
If you get throw out by a closed location and there are monsters in the street, do you have to immediately fight the monster or wait the next movement phase? 

Thanks!

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

You only deal with monsters during the movement phase.

#3 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Leper said:

Speaking of Innsmouth, can I add all the cards and monsters (except Innsmouth encounters) to the AH set without using the city expansion? Or is it not recommended?

Keep in mind that the Innsmouth mythos cards will open gates on the Innsmouth board. So you'd have to either leave them out of the game, too, or if you draw a mythos that spawns a gate in Innsmouth, just discard it and draw another.

That's how I usually play. I have every expansion and it has become too much of a chore to separate each card deck into their respective expansions. So I play with every card from every expansion, simply discarding cards that use or affect game mechanics that I'm not using as I draw them.

#4 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Also the ones met in encounters?

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Leper said:

Also the ones met in encounters?

You're speaking about monsters appearing as result of encounters, right? If an encounter instructs a monster to appear (but not a gate) you have to deal with the monster immediately (both in Arkham or in OWs). Please note that this monster is your encounter, and as soon as you're done with it (both because you evade, or combat ends in some way) the monster does not stay on the board (but if you win combat, you can claim it as a trophy, according to the normal rules of claiming trophies).

If you're moved to a location / street area as a result of an encounter, you must not deal with monsters eventually there, because you deal with them during Movement

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#6 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Julia said:

You're speaking about monsters appearing as result of encounters, right? If an encounter instructs a monster to appear (but not a gate) you have to deal with the monster immediately (both in Arkham or in OWs). Please note that this monster is your encounter, and as soon as you're done with it (both because you evade, or combat ends in some way) the monster does not stay on the board (but if you win combat, you can claim it as a trophy, according to the normal rules of claiming trophies).

If you're moved to a location / street area as a result of an encounter, you must not deal with monsters eventually there, because you deal with them during Movement

Perfect! Thank you all

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS