New life, new profit, scale ability, and the grim future of Arkham

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

I've been spending a lot of time here and on BGG, and been thinking a lot about the future of this great game. I't seems clear that expansions, as we know them, are dead. I don't think  this is a bad thing. Players who have everything, and play with it all mixed together probably can't fit another board on the table, or add another 10-15 cards to decks that are so diluted that half of the expansion rules are fringe and hardly encountered. I think I have a solution, and a new one, to how FFG can relaese more and not dilute further. Fan content is great, and the sheer understaning of the game that the creators of that content display is amazing, but this game is so good that FFG has to keep it in print, for now, and we as players need them to want to keep it in print longer. Now, the awesome league stuff, the player created GOOs, heralds, etc help and hurt this game. FFG has dropped the ball and we as players need to make the game vital and profitable, or watch it die. I play 95% of my games solo and I hate paying money for anything but, I really love this game.

My goal- keep AH a evolving profitible game-something people want to keep giving money to FFG for. My idea, and one I have never seen, even amognst any fan made stuff. Location replacement story packs.  EX. Month one-"Antiquarin's Residence" Contents- one location marker (token, same size as locations on the AH board) Place token over the river docks location, River docks no longer exisits, all encounters in this location  use the new "Antiquarin's Residence" encounter cards, all other cards that refer to River  Docks have the same effect replacing river dockes with Antiquarin's Residence"

If you play you can see where this is going, no cards to mix in, as easy to add in reguardless of expansions used but it could really  change the game. it also allows for FFG to relaease small, regular expansions. 

#2 just Logan

just Logan

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

you could also include fringe rules like " if in an OW that has a gate on "Location" raise the difficulty by one of any roll made in the OW  if any roll is a success draw onw Unique item. or when you close a gate on "Location" you fill your stamina and sanity to max but add one to the terror and doom tracks"  You could even make cards that permantly changed the board"- encounter card-normal crap but ex witch house encounter- a monster appears, if you encouter it and defeat it make a will -2 check the witch house is replaced by ruins a stable location any mythos cards refering to gates opening in this location are ignored.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS