• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hey all,

Played a game of Into the Pit tonight, and a couple of questions came up.  

Parting Gifts -- can you use it to move resources away from another player's Leadership hero?  Parting Gifts says:

Action: Move any number of resource tokens from a [Leadership] hero's resource pool to any other hero's resource pool.

It seems like a legal play… but seems a little iffy, because you could totally use this to rob your neighbor!

-and-

Infighting and the Patrol Leader from Into the Pit.  Would Infighting trigger the Patrol Leader's "Forced" ability?  I think this is a question of the meaning of "deal damage" (I'm thinking maybe that means you have to be taking damage from the token bank) vs. "move damage" as per Infighting.

Infighting says:

Action: Move any number of damage from one enemy to another.

And Patrol Leader:

Forced: Before patrol Leader is dealt damage, discard the top card of the encounter deck. If the discarded card is an enemy, cancel the damage.

Thanks as always for your thoughts!

#2 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

If you read it as is then I don´t see why parting gifts couldn´t be used to move resources from another players hero. Though I would think, even if not explicitly stated on the card, that you should get his permission first.

I would play infighting as if the damage is moved rather than dealt and thus can´t be negated by patrol leader´s ability.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS