Deck building without 'what lies ahead'

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuasiu

Ryuasiu

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

What's a good runner and Corp deck with just 1 core, trace amount, and cyber exudous? I got into the game in the last few weeks and can not find any copy of what lies ahead due to almost everyone being sold out. But I want to start going to the local game shop and start playing, but I don't want to walk in with the default decks because they don't seem well rounded. And most of the deck builds I have seen have several cards from that data pack. 

#2 Ryuasiu

Ryuasiu

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

I have no idea why this post is showing up 3 times. If one of the modern could delete the other two that would be great, as I don't see any way to delete them myself. 

#3 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

I think you can get away with playing any Runner deck while lacking WLA, especially Criminal and Shaper as they don't have cards in that set that are must-haves (most are useful, but not overpowered).

It's harder when it comes to the Corp; most Corp decks look to replacing the Core Set agendas and the new agendas mostly came out in WLA. I'm guessing your best bet may be to play Jinteki because Fetal AI can replace Private Security Force; Jinteki doesn't really do traces.

#4 Ryuasiu

Ryuasiu

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Messenger said:

I think you can get away with playing any Runner deck while lacking WLA, especially Criminal and Shaper as they don't have cards in that set that are must-haves (most are useful, but not overpowered).

It's harder when it comes to the Corp; most Corp decks look to replacing the Core Set agendas and the new agendas mostly came out in WLA. I'm guessing your best bet may be to play Jinteki because Fetal AI can replace Private Security Force; Jinteki doesn't really do traces.

I have an okay sharper deck, I have not tried it out yet but going to try tonight to see how well it flows. But I am still looking to see if anyone is willing to share runner deck builds without what lies ahead to see if there's any way to improve or fine tune it. The Corp deck is a bit trickier though, as you said most of the agendas were in that data pack. There is some nice ice and assets in the last two packs though. As for going Jinteki, I have thought of that but I am a little wary of doing so. It seems almost dependent on the runner falling for or hitting traps. I was hoping someone had ideas for the other corps without what lies ahead

#5 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Well, for Weyland and NBN, Private Security Force isn't a bad fit to their strategies as the corps that tag and bag. The real loss if for HB as WLA gave them a lot of great toys, from Ash and Janus to replacing PSF with Mandatory Upgrades.

As for Jinteki getting the Runner to fall for tricks and traps- it's not that hard. complice A lot of the best gameplay in this game is done simply by getting the runner to do that. Netrunner has and always will be a game of bluffing and misdireciton. Trace Amount and Cyber Exodus really help in making that particular game more feasible for Jinteki.

So, if not Jinteki, go NBN or Weyland.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS