• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

The kyron has been saying this is available for a while now, but I have yet to track down a copy. Can anyone verify that AoLS has hit store shelves? I prefer to support my local 'brick-and-motars' when possible, but I'll order in from the interwebs if it has already come and gone…

If anyone already has a copy- what's the verdict? How big is the 'Space Hulk Supplement' section, and what does it include?

#2 Skunk Bottom

Skunk Bottom

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

I bought it online via amazon from a semi local retailer ( one in my home state).

So far im pretty impressed with the 3 part mission. Not only does it look to be a really great mission, that i cant wait to set up for my players, but it also makes use of the "Space hulk generator" part of the book.

Chapters  1-3 are just the mission in 3 parts.

Chapter 4 is the Space Hulk Generator - this helps you make your own mission in a space hulk.

The suppliment has really given me some good ideas for missions so far. I also really like how the mission, gives each character a chance to shine.

Which is really important to me since my players are a Lib, Apothacary, Tech-marine, and a Dev. So im always looking for ways to make the apothacary, lib and tech marine feel special beyond just combat.

I paid about 38 including shipping for my copy, and I think it was well worth the money.

#3 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

It looks very good.  It seems like an old school dungeon crawl in space.  The format kinda remined me of "in search of the unknown" which was one of the first D&D moduels because it has a bit of a sandbox quality to it.  You basically pick, how many encounters you want (scale), then decide how tough you want it, then fill those encounters with either obstacles and traps, or encounters.  All sorts of creatures and enemies can be encountered so you have a great variety of types of enemies that you want to fight, from human detritus to daemons.

Not sure how challenging it would be for a group though.  A standard encounter is a number of troops equal to the party and half as many more elites which I am sure that a good deathwatch team should be able to chew through pretty quickly. 

#4 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

It looks very good.  It seems like an old school dungeon crawl in space.  The format kinda remined me of "in search of the unknown" which was one of the first D&D moduels because it has a bit of a sandbox quality to it.  You basically pick, how many encounters you want (scale), then decide how tough you want it, then fill those encounters with either obstacles and traps, or encounters.  All sorts of creatures and enemies can be encountered so you have a great variety of types of enemies that you want to fight, from human detritus to daemons.

Not sure how challenging it would be for a group though.  A standard encounter is a number of troops equal to the party and half as many more elites which I am sure that a good deathwatch team should be able to chew through pretty quickly. 

#5 peterstepon

peterstepon

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Double post..not again. 

#6 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Sounds cool. I have yet to set eyes on it- all of my local retailers were a bust. Since it's now alaiable as a download, I think it's safe to say it won't be showing up on store shelves in the future. Guess I'll have to order it from the inter-webs; so much for supporting local businesses…

One quick question: are there new monster stats (and if so, what)? Or do the encounter tables just use existing beasties from other books?

#7 ConstantineRoth

ConstantineRoth

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hey,
I don't know where in the world you're located but I work in a brick-and-mortar in the UK and it's only just being offered by our distributors over here so if you've missed it it'd be by weeks tops and you should be able to order it in. In the UK, in my shop at least - we will be getting our stock of them in on this coming Tuesday so it might be worth checking back if you prefer physical over digital. 

#8 Skunk Bottom

Skunk Bottom

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Adeptus-B said:

Sounds cool. I have yet to set eyes on it- all of my local retailers were a bust. Since it's now alaiable as a download, I think it's safe to say it won't be showing up on store shelves in the future. Guess I'll have to order it from the inter-webs; so much for supporting local businesses…

One quick question: are there new monster stats (and if so, what)? Or do the encounter tables just use existing beasties from other books?

There are some new monster stats in the book, I dont have it with me now, but I think it is maybe around 2-6 depending on the faction.

Tyranids, Orks, Chaos, I think enslavers as well, then some other like lost souls or something.

one or 2 eldar might be in there somewhere but im not sure

#9 Gantz the slaughterer

Gantz the slaughterer

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

new weapons?

armors?

:D

#10 Skunk Bottom

Skunk Bottom

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Gantz the slaughterer said:

new weapons?

armors?

I dont recall anything about new weapons or armor.

#11 crisaron

crisaron

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Skunk Bottom said:

new weapons?

armors?

except for the relic power hammer… the whole center of the plot.

#12 Skunk Bottom

Skunk Bottom

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

crisaron said:

Skunk Bottom said:

new weapons?

armors?

except for the relic power hammer… the whole center of the plot.

I was thinking of charts and tables. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS