about The Hold

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sky_cuson

sky_cuson

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

If I run Black Sails, then one part of my deck turns into The Hold. Now I'm not sure that whether I can look it up anytime? And what about my opponent?

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

The Hold is an out-of-play area like your hand or Shadows - it's hidden from your opponent, but you can look at it any time you want.

#3 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I agree with ktom on this. Look at the wording on the agenda and Naval Reinforcements as far as getting a card out of the hold. The agenda says "choose a card…" and the plot says "reveal a character from…" Neither one says "search you hold for 'x'," so it would stand to reason that you would treat it the same as shadows cards or your hand, like ktom said.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#4 sky_cuson

sky_cuson

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Will The Hold be rebulit in the setup phase when my mulligan? Or only to shuffle the deck and remain The Hold unchanged?

#5 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Since the agenda redefines your play deck before you draw your setup hand, I'd say you leave the hold unchanged.

#6 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Khudzlin said:

Since the agenda redefines your play deck before you draw your setup hand, I'd say you leave the hold unchanged.

Right. The agenda has you shuffle and split your deck before even drawing a setup hand (the same timing as when you choose your location for house of dreams), so if you want to mulligan, it's gonna be from the stunted deck that you had chosen to be your draw deck after shuffling.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS