"Next" player in Solo play

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 byzantine

byzantine

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Is there a "next" player in solo play? I´m asking because of that one Lake-Town card with a shadow effect of "Smaug engages the next player and makes an immediate attack". i don´t particularily fancy Smaug attacking me 3-4 times a round; it´s hard enough as is.

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

As far as I know, in solo play the First Player is considered to be the First, Next, and Last player.

#3 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Just read this, it's from The Long Dark rulesheet:

"The next player is the player sitting directly to the left of the player referenced by the card effect. If there are no other players in the game, there is no next player."

So no, in solo play, there is no next player.

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#4 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Good catch -- thanks for clarifying.  And just to be complete-- from the Khazad-dum rule book, the first player IS the last player.

"Last Player

Some cards refer to the “last player.” The last player is 
considered to be the player sitting directly to the right of 
the first player. If there is only one player playing, then that 
player is considered to be both the first and last player."

So much to remember!

#5 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, it gets pretty confusing.  But I'm glad that FFG made next player and last player, because then the first player doesn't get clobbered by all the encounter cards.  And it adds a bit of unpredictability, because you don't know who's going to be affected by the encounter cards when they pop up.

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#6 byzantine

byzantine

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

That´s good news indeed! Thanks, guys!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS