Updated OCTGN release

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

I have been working hard with GeckoTH over the last week on a revamp of the Lord of the Rings LCG OCTGN game engine.

You can find out more and download the files here

Enjoy….

#2 Ellareth

Ellareth

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Memetix said:

I have been working hard with GeckoTH over the last week on a revamp of the Lord of the Rings LCG OCTGN game engine.

You can find out more and download the files here

Enjoy….

Excellent!

I thank you, Gecko and everyone else involved in making this mod as well as OCTGN staff for their great platform and of course FFG for the fantasitc game.

As a long time solo player, this is an excellent way of meeting new players to play multiplayer games with because my area doesn't have that many LotRLCG players yet (let's see if those Nightmare packs do anythign if and when my FLGS gets them)

I am downloading All in One pack at the moment, I will leave a feed back when I get a chance to play few games with it, but download link for custom pack 1.1.1 seems to be broken (I tried clicking, open in new tab, open in new window, and save target as)

Thank you for all your hard work, if I might suggest one thing, I would like to see even more custom sets (unless you've got them all already)!

Edit: Custom set Old Forest seems to be having competibility issue and cannot be installed

#3 tripecac

tripecac

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

If we already have the previous version installed (from January or earlier), do we need to re-download all the deck and quest pack files?  Or just the main game parts?

#4 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I noticed an error… Orc Outpost (Quest phase 2a of Road to Rivendel) has the gametext and traits the the secrecy event in that set. 

#5 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

tripecac said:

If we already have the previous version installed (from January or earlier), do we need to re-download all the deck and quest pack files?  Or just the main game parts?

All the sets and decks were updated as part of this release. You'll need the All-in-one download.

#6 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

NotAZombie said:

I noticed an error… Orc Outpost (Quest phase 2a of Road to Rivendel) has the gametext and traits the the secrecy event in that set. 

Thanks - I'll ensure this gets fixed

#7 rekath16

rekath16

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Memetrix, I have saved a looot auf different decks for currently version 1.3.

When I install ur new version, will I have to create all decks new or are they compatible to the new version?

Der Wille war da, aber das Fleisch war schwach.

#8 GeckoTH

GeckoTH

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

rekath16 said:

Memetrix, I have saved a looot auf different decks for currently version 1.3.

When I install ur new version, will I have to create all decks new or are they compatible to the new version?

All the Player Decks you've made should work just fine!

#9 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Following feedback on the 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 releases I have ironed out the known problems and added some new functionality for placement of encounter cards.

Version 1.1.2 is now available for download.

#10 PaintedHero

PaintedHero

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hello! I haven't used OCTGN before but I'm just wondering if you are able to play LOTR solo or if you have to play with another player. It's not that I don't enjoy playing with other players, but sometimes when building out a deck I enjoy building a deck online so I can test it out quickly, or see what cards I need to purchase etc.

#11 tripecac

tripecac

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

You can definitely play solo.  I do that all the time. 

The one problem with OCTGN is the lack of a "save game" feature.  You can save and load decks, but once you start a game, you have to either finish it or quit without saving.

If you want to be able to save your game, I recommend LackeyCCG.  Its interface isn't as polished as OCTGN, but it's perfectly fine as a virtual card table.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS