Dice: weird weird weird

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I have been around the edge forums. Edge is the company taking care of publishing Warhammer 3 in Spain.

Like here, the discussion about if the game is dying or not appears from time to time. In one of the arguments, I said that it is significant that FFG is not producing the dice any more.

You know what? A staff from Edge intervened in the conversation saying that this is not true! That FFG is provinding Edge with dice. This has been corrovorated by some forum participants who have said that they have recently bought dice for warhammer 3 from the very same Edge's web page.

I leave here the link for those who want to give it a try.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

The payment options are a bit off.

Couldnt complete the order, my credit card threw up this error

tarjeta ajena al servicio

Google translation all the way.

#3 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

DurakBlackaxe said:

The payment options are a bit off.

Couldnt complete the order, my credit card threw up this error

tarjeta ajena al servicio

Google translation all the way.

Which credit card where you using? Typically you will need a VISA or Master Card. Appart from thatn it can be that only spanish cards are allowed. I had a similar issue with a gsm spanish company and the reason was they only accepted spanish credit cards.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#4 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

It was a Mastercard.

Since i live in the UK you think it would work.

Got an email from them saying they have my order details, but since the payment failed, it be a bit useless.

Not to worry. Something will ikely work out.

#5 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Nice, other interesting thing is, that there seems to be the spanish set of the Gamemasters Toolkit out.

In german they haven't put it on the sheduled line. This is intersting because all the international versions are prodiced simultaniously. So The Winds of Magic box will be produced, once german, french, italien and spanish versions are translated and then they will be build as a bulk.

So the Gamemasters Toolit wasnt jumped by all, but only by the germans so it seems. Well it is not the most usefull box out there. :)

Any infos when winds of magic should be available in spanish?

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

So, if you want dice for this game, you have to order them from Spain eh?  I guess that's one way to go about it.

$15.95 after conversion plus overseas shipping of $10..$25 for a $12 in dice.

I'm sorry FFG, but WTH?  Since when did this become Amber Diceless Roleplaying?

#7 Obi1978

Obi1978

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

how come they are sending dice to spain but you cant even buy them from their own online store?

#8 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

maybe they have stock because noone in spain bought them. France is sold out.

#9 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

SPAIN and FRANCE.

The French EDGE guys are talking about modifying the 12 dice pack and asked us for a more balanced set. Yet, we asked for 3 blue, 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 2 white, 2 black, 2 purple.

Something is coming.

#10 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

willmanx said:

SPAIN and FRANCE.

The French EDGE guys are talking about modifying the 12 dice pack and asked us for a more balanced set. Yet, we asked for 3 blue, 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 2 white, 2 black, 2 purple.

Something is coming.

Yeah, the new/revised  edition will have better dice packs ;p sonreir

#11 Jicey

Jicey

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Beren Eoath said:

Yeah, the new/revised  edition will have better dice packs ;p sonreir

Maybe FFG is preparing a new edition. Maybe they are too busy with StarWars EoE to care about W3 dice. Maybe making more dice is not worthwhile financialy.

But it's a completely different mater for foreign editions. Smaller countries have a small market. RPG companies there are accordingly quite small and know how to make money from small production runs.

Also, producing dice is vital for them, otherwise they won't be able to sell all their new shinny translations of W3, making their hard-to-get license useless.

In France, Edge has just released The Gathering Storm translation, and is readying Winds of Magic. So W3 translation here is only half way through all the FFG supplements.

So I think that in Europe, the W3 translators are banding up to make their own production run, the way they think is best (hence the queries to customers about revised dice pack contents). Usually FFG wouldn't allow for even the smallest change in their licensed products, but here the outcry from the translators about the dice shortage must be deafening !

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS