The City… At night

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hows this for a City-gold fix. Playing The City Expansion with The Bloodmoon Expansion. All shops are closed at night so no player can enter shops at night characters in shops at night goto jail. The Werewolf can never enter the city… So now some of the time the shops are closed there is a threat of jail but your safe from the werewolf :).

#2 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Sounds cool. But no WW in the City? Have you not seen The Wolfman or A American Wherewolf in London? ;)

Maybe he can enter if someone rolls a "5" on his chart and teleports him to another character inside the City?

#3 Thernand

Thernand

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

I like this.  I would go as far as if you get turned into a warewolf, you cannot go into the city and if you get in somehow you go directly to jail and when you get out you, get out on the city space on the main board not in the city.

#4 Thernand

Thernand

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

This gives the warewolf some teeth.

#5 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

I like the idea of tying the city to the day / night mechanic and baring the werewolf or at least giving a high chance to it being caught and thrown in jail / killed. (Lose one live and move x squares towards the exit as you run away from the city guards)

#6 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Well, this is a lively thread! I like some of these ideas. Now, to me, though, it seems like maybe there are some shops/spaces that might be open all hours, like the High Temple, or the Rogue/Guild place.

But generally I like the thoughts. I think there was a thread previously, that discussed whether the WW could enter the jail on his own. I posted that since no one can enter the jail, they must be sent there, probably no.

but I like the idea of a City, and its inhabitants, being somewhat  obvious to a WW, as a place where a mob of peasants could be, or various authorities/soldiers, etc.

Which brings up the point of the encounter card, 'Night Guard'.  So would this only be encounterable at night too?

#7 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

The City at Night:

When playing Talisman with The City and Bloodmoon all shops in the City are closed. No player can enter any shop during night.

The Werewolf can only enter (be sent to) The City (or any City space) during night. If Werewolf is in The City at day the werewolf is moved to the city space in the outer region and does not encounter any player there.

Werewolf characters in The City at night go to Jail.

How’s that…

#8 Thernand

Thernand

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I like it.  We will try it this weekend in my group.

#9 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

Love it!  What about giving the Thief or Catburglar or even all characters the opportunity to attempt to steal from a shop at night?  Roll 2 dice against craft; fail: lose one life and go to jail.  Success:  gain one random object from that shop.  

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#10 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Zozimus said:

Love it!  What about giving the Thief or Catburglar or even all characters the opportunity to attempt to steal from a shop at night?  Roll 2 dice against craft; fail: lose one life and go to jail.  Success:  gain one random object from that shop.  

Good call :) Edit

The City at Night:

When playing Talisman with The City and Bloodmoon all shops in the City are closed. Players can still enter shops during night.but cannot buy any cards from the shop (they can still steal).

The Werewolf can only enter (be sent to) The City (or any City space) during night. If Werewolf is in The City at day the werewolf is moved to the city space in the outer region and does not encounter any player there.

Werewolf characters in The City at night go to Jail.

That way the High Temple and Rogues Guild can still be used but shops that allow you to buy cards cannot also you can steal :) If you have that ability :).

#11 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Just another idea. How about you can't leave the city at night. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS