Online group looking for a GM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FacetiousE

FacetiousE

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

As the title says, there are several of us looking for someone to GM an online game of Rogue Trader. We are also on the lookout for any new players. So far we have an arch-militant and a seneschal, and one undecided player. We haven't rolled for characters yet, so any restrictions are yet to be placed. Any help we can find for this would be greatly appreciated. We'll likely be playing over skype.

#2 lurkeroutthere

lurkeroutthere

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

What format are you looking for I've been contemplating doing a chat based game using Skype chat with periodic (like maybe every other week?) live voice sessions. 

#3 FacetiousE

FacetiousE

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Voice or text works for us. Mondays and Fridays/Saturdays work for us, as far as I know. My skype is the same as my name here, so look me up if you're still interested. We're still looking for a couple more players, though.

#4 lurkeroutthere

lurkeroutthere

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I will when I get to my Skype just to be clear I'm kind of looking for a play by post format to start as opposed to a formalized meet from x time to y time format. Do you think your group would be interested in that?

#5 FacetiousE

FacetiousE

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

….maybe? I'm currently in my first online game atm(4e, if you're wondering), and it seems to be going well. Play by post may work, though. There's only one way to find out, though. 

ADDENDUM: By play by post, do you meant we all post our individual actions, or discuss amongst ourselves and reply as a group? Again, never done PbP before.

#6 lurkeroutthere

lurkeroutthere

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

You would post your individual actions and then other players or the GM responds when they see it and when they are able. Skype chat is really good about keeping logs allowing people to review and stay involved in stuff even if they are on vastly different schedules.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS