Movement templates.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

whilst playing x wing we have noticed that sometimes moving a ship whilst the template overlaps a ship can be awkward, to remedy this we simply place the speed 1 marker next to the base of the shp that is in the way as it is the same size, remove obstructing ship,place movement template and move the ship, and then replace the obstructing ship back in its original place lined up with the speed 1 marker.   this makes movement slightly more accurate,  any one else use this?

c

#2 CPTMcMurphy

CPTMcMurphy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yes, usually with any template that suits me at the moment.  Just as long as you have an accurate mark on where the ship should be all is fine.

#3 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

After I punched out the tokens from a couple of expansion sets, I cut the long sides off the hole of the Pilot tokens, a little trimming and I'm left with a (  [  ) shaped token that can fit around one edge of a ship if it needs to be moved out of the way.

#4 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

That is brilliant, I am going to steal that idea -  thanks!

#5 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

We use the Pilot's token placed inh papar, it give you a square of papaper with the measures of the token, we place this papar under the ship, and move it, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#6 Niranth

Niranth

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

We just use an empty base.  Place it on the side of the base that is in the way.  It does get to be problematic if there is a hair ball in the way though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS