Two short questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

I have been trying to contact FFG to solve two simple questions without success. May be someone already know the answers and can help me.

Thank you in advance.

(1) I have a question regarding the Servants of Justice party sheet.

It's ability reads:

"Members of this party may suffer 1 stress and 1 fatigue to add 1 damage to a Ranged or Melee attack action. They may choose to do this after the roll, and may use this ability more than once with a single attack."

Rules in hand this means that a player, after rolling the dice pool, if he scores a hit against his enemy, may choose to activate this ability and for example say "I spend 60 fatigue and stress to deal +60 damage". Sure he will fall uncouncious after resolving the action, but he will kill any opponent(s) he has infront.

Which limitation should this party ability have to avoid these situations?

(2) I have a question regarding the Vomit action card.

The one success line of this card on its aggressive side reads:

"The vile creature belches a sizzling stream of potent stomach acid at its unfortunate target. The attack inflicts critical damage."

The amount of normal damage seems to be missing. How much normal damage does this card inflict?

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

I hope they answer your question. Funny how you can read something and see it a different way.

I thought it meant each party member could add one damage to the action.  So if 4 in party it be a max of 4 damage. Never thought of how a party could make your own attack do more damage.

But your way of reading it is the most likely way of reading it. Sounds very overpowering.

#3 Kartigan

Kartigan

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

I believe the answer to question #1 is actually fairly simple.  The stress and fatigue are suffered 1 at a time.  So the character takes 1 fatigue and 1 stress, which adds 1 damage (resolve any insanities, fainting, passing out, etc.), then can do it again (assuming they are still concious) and so on.  Doing it more than a few times would rapidly lead to a LOT of insanities and then passing out.  60+ times isn't possible since they would faint long before then. 

I'm not familiar with the card you mentioned so I can't answer the other one.

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

I have goten the answers from Daniel Clark

Yepesnopes said:

(1) I have a question regarding the Servants of Justice party sheet.

It's ability reads:

"Members of this party may suffer 1 stress and 1 fatigue to add 1 damage to a Ranged or Melee attack action. They may choose to do this after the roll, and may use this ability more than once with a single attack."

Rules in hand this means that a player, after rolling the dice pool, if he scores a hit against his enemy, may choose to activate this ability and for example say "I spend 60 fatigue and stress to deal +60 damage". Sure he will fall uncouncious after resolving the action, but he will kill any opponent(s) he has infront.

Which limitation should this party ability have to avoid these situations?

Yepes, 

A PC who overuses the Servants of Justice ability has two major brakes on his attempt to do so, both of which spring from the fact that each iteration of using the ability is completely resolved before the next begins. So, first of all, he should become Strained quite quickly, which means he'll start accumulating Insanities. Between distressing his willpower and becoming strained, he should wind up with a handful of temporary insanities with one or two tokens on them each, any of which could become permanent at the end of that encounter. Furthermore, once he passes out from fatigue or stress he can no longer suffer additional fatigue and stress to add more damage to the attack - and if he does, then whether or not the action even resolves successfully is up to GM fiat.

Enjoy the game!

Yepesnopes said:

(2) I have a question regarding the Vomit action card.

The one success line of this card on its aggressive side reads:

"The vile creature belches a sizzling stream of potent stomach acid at its unfortunate target. The attack inflicts critical damage."

The amount of normal damage seems to be missing. How much normal damage does this card inflict?

In this case, it's "normal" (critical) damage for a ranged attack - Ag + DR. A high-Toughness/low-Agility creature like a Troll is probably better off using the Conservative side of the card.

I am pleased byt the asnwer to question (1) and it may also answer a question posted by Ceodyn regarding how a PC gains fatigue and stress. From the answer, it seems is one by one.

Regarding question (2), I am bit confused since Trolls are R1, how can they use the conservative side? Are you supose to invest the cunning dice budget of 1 that the troll has to put him in neutral stance, then do vomit and pick up the conservative side? I find it a lazy answer, but ok no problem.

Cheers,

Yepes 

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#5 Kartigan

Kartigan

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

I don't think this question and Ceodryn's are related.  The way Servants of Justice is worded it seems quite clear that the fatigue and stress are suffered 1 by 1.  The way things like Fear or Terror ratings are worded it seems quite clear they are suffered in groups, not individually.

#6 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

1) They may suffer them, but they take the stress+fatigue 1 at a time, and such stress/fatigue take effect immediately. Therefore, a PC would not be able to suffer more stress/fatigue once they go unconscious.

2) This was clarified in the FAQ, I believe. Action card phrasing that says "inflict/cause critical damage" is the same as "+1 Critical". The attack does damage, and one of the wounds caused is a critical wound.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS