Is empire dead?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bruce_wayne

bruce_wayne

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm trying to build a empire deck, but is not competitive, because every race win to them, so they need some of the restricted cards again, or new powerful cards.

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Nope, Hemmler still hits like a train, Churches and Iron Discipline protect your units,  good economy even without Warpstones.

#3 Boreas Mun

Boreas Mun

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hah, empire is the second best race actually. You just have to choose restricted cards wisely.

#4 Up2NoGood1976

Up2NoGood1976

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

I feel the same about empire.  I just feel when I play with them I come to a point where I am playing mostly in reaction/defensive to what the opponent plays and can't get to a point where I feel I'm moving forward on offense.  I'm sure it also has to do that I have not played this game for very long and sometimes it takes a bit to see how the cards work together.  I also play against my brother in laws dwarves which in my opinion are one of the tougher races to play against.  How would you guys rate each race?  I prefer to use the destruction races.  A little unpredictable in some cases but I think that adds to enjoyment of the game for me.

#5 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Up2NoGood1976 said:

How would you guys rate each race?

High Elfs, Chaos, Dark Elfs, Empire, Orcs and Dwarfs for me, but the balance overall is the best ever (excluding infinite loop combo decks…)

#6 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

the infinite loops need to be stopped.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS