Extra Supplies.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Karon

Karon

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I wanted to post and ask you fine people at fantasy flight if you Could make high quality replacement pieces for This fine game. Me and my other half have fallen in love with this game because we can play together easily and quickly with lots of variety and strategy involved and both win and loss fairly equally. I want to be able to replace bases and pegs. I would like nicer more permanent dials for movement. Good quality movement and range templates would be fantastic as well. All of these products would be of great use either singly or in upgrade packs would be an instant purchase for my family. I hope to see something of the like available for purchase soon. Keep up the good work guys

#2 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

I've found after years of playing FF games that they normally don't do any kind of support for the games other than new expansions when ever they feel like it. They do good customer service for missing or damaged pieces but that's about it. There are a number of threads, here on the forums, discussing various fixes (clear coatings for movement dials, after market stands and templates).

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#3 Rowdy

Rowdy

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Well I hope someone like GF9 jump on this. If FFGs can't see the potential sales for these items it's their loss.

#4 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

FFG should license GF9 to make official/tourney-legal templates, rulers, dials etc.  Or at least the templates and rulers.

I would gladly pay money for templates and dials that will last a long time!  Heck, I'd buy extras too.  Just to have some on hand if an opponent needs them for a game :-)

#5 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Both LItko and CorSec make compatable flight stands, and assorted acrylic accessories.

#6 KnightShift

KnightShift

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

RedWilde said:

Both LItko and CorSec make compatable flight stands, and assorted acrylic accessories.

Third-party templates, rulers etc., no matter how nice, aren't legal for tournaments though.  Kind of understandable if FFG wants to ensure standard sizes for everything.

For that reason alone, there is going to be quite a market for good-quality durable templates.  We know the range rulers at least have been made in acrylic (for the first game night kit).  So it's not like there isn't precedence for it already :-)

#7 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Except for FFG itself, I'd be surprised to see tournament organisers actually disqualifying any bases or templates that physically match the originals.  It's easy enough to place them against each other for a quick size check.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS