PDF Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jhulae

Jhulae

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I've gotten the Eratta 1.3 and all the sidebar boxes seem to have reversed colors on them (IE, they're very light grey instead of dark grey, making the white text nearly impossible to read).

It's not just a PDF reader issue, as this happens with multiple PDF readers on two different OSes (Windows and iOS).  I've seen the same rendering issue with the Rogue Trader core rulebook and Into the Expanse (both of which I thankfully own in hardback), but that makes me extremely leery of buying *those* products on PDF, along with any other PDF books, because I want to actually read the text.

Can someone look those files over and see what's going on with them (at least, if not check all the digital books to ensure proper rendering)?

#2 Asajev

Asajev

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I see what you are saying of the Errata 1.3 the box is slightly washed out in color. It is a dusty grey rather then a solid black. It is not impossible to read though on Mac OS Lion. Then again I am visually impaired and I use the Zoom feature to read the PDF. If you are using an iPad or iPhone to read your PDF books I would suggest turning on Zoom accesability if it is dificult to read.

#3 Aajz_Solari

Aajz_Solari

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

I see what you mean. True, the boxes are not as dark as in the printed books, yet I don't have any problems of reading the text inside them. Maybe you just need to adjust some of your hardware's display settings, like increasing contrast or so.

#4 Tristonic

Tristonic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I have the 1.3 HQ errata and the boxes look fine to me. Very easy to read, though they do look a touch lighter towards the edges.

Maybe it's a problem if you have the low quality web version? If you don't, then nevermind me.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS