Is there a FAQ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Apologize in advance for this n00b post :)  I got the beginner game last night, pored through it and really like the mechanics.  Seems worlds better than SWSE, which I mostly enjoyed playing but I don't like D20 in general, so it was only 1/2 great.  Looking forward to the real core book.  I've been reading the forums here for a while, but I have some questions I can't find answers to.  Is there a FAQ that outlines:

- apparently there are three books planned?  Any more detailed info on the other two?

- are there any Force rules in the EotE book, or do I have to wait until book 3?

Thanks…

#2 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

There's no FAQ, and probably won't be until the EotE corebook is published, if then.

As for your questions.

- Three Core Books: Right now, information is pretty sparse, other than release years (2014 and 2015) and focus (military-style compaigns for Age of Rebellion, Jedi and Force-usage in general in Force & Destiny)

- The EotE Beta has stats for lightsabers (though they've been nerfed a bit, check the Final Week Update for the revised stats) as well as a Force-Sensitive Exile (self-taught Force-user) universal specialization and three core Force powers (Sense, Influence, and Move).  How much more than that we'll get in either the EotE corebook or in later supplments is unknown by anyone who's not working for FFG.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#3 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Thanks, I'll patiently await the book then.

One last question I forgot to ask before:  the beginner book doesn't have much for character creation (distributing attribute points, etc), what I'm wondering is if attributes will be upgradeable, something you can spend XP on to, say, boost your Brawn.

#4 Andrew Tatro

Andrew Tatro

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Outside of character creation you can't upgrade attributes directly without a very specific Talent or the proper cybernetics.

#5 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Andrew Tatro said:

Outside of character creation you can't upgrade attributes directly without a very specific Talent or the proper cybernetics.

To clarifiy, you can spend XP to improve attributes, but only during character creation.

-WJL

#6 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

whafrog said:

Thanks, I'll patiently await the book then.

One last question I forgot to ask before:  the beginner book doesn't have much for character creation (distributing attribute points, etc), what I'm wondering is if attributes will be upgradeable, something you can spend XP on to, say, boost your Brawn.

Only at character creation, which as you noted the Beginner Box doesn't cover.

After character creation, the only way to boost a Characteristic is via a specific talent (Dedication, or at least that's what it's called in the Beta) that's pricey to acquire (25 XP) and you have to purchase a lot of other talents to reach it.

The pre-gens offered in the Beginner Box all spent the majority (if not all) of their starting XP budgets on increasing their Characteristics rather than buying extra skill ranks or talents.  Interestingly enough, when I ran the Beginner Box adventure for a different group of players that created their own PCs using the Beta rules, the Beta-made characters seemed to perform a bit better, even with having spent some of their starting XP on talents and an extra skill rank or two.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#7 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

Thanks all, I figured the upgrade would be expensive (since you're effectively bumping up all your skills), nice to know there's some flexibility at CC.  Cheers…

#8 BillW

BillW

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Although this is an old thread, just in case a new person comes here looking for a FAQ, the Edge of the Empire FAQ (which includes errata) is available on the product support page. There are also some other useful files available for download there.

#9 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Apologize in advance for this n00b post :)  I got the beginner game last night, pored through it and really like the mechanics.  Seems worlds better than SWSE, which I mostly enjoyed playing but I don't like D20 in general, so it was only 1/2 great.  Looking forward to the real core book.  I've been reading the forums here for a while, but I have some questions I can't find answers to.  Is there a FAQ that outlines:

- apparently there are three books planned?  Any more detailed info on the other two?

- are there any Force rules in the EotE book, or do I have to wait until book 3?

Thanks…

Sheesh, Frog - you're only just NOW picking up the Beginner Box? What a maroon!

*checks post date*

<.<

>.>

*slowly backs out of thread*

Edited by Desslok, 23 March 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#10 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Sheesh, Frog - you're only just NOW picking up the Beginner Box? What a maroon!

*checks post date*

LOL, I had to do a double-take as well.  "WTF?  When did I ever write that?"

Well, it's been a year since I've been entranced by this game, and I'm ever so glad.  This game has single-handedly made me thrilled to play RPGs, not merely happy to play.  Hooked a new player last night too, doing my part :)

• Desslok likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS